Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Classics, round 3

• Apple I

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Apple II

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apple II+

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Apple IIc

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Apple IIc+

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Apple IIe

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Apple IIgs

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeeYouEye

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 9, 2001
State of Denial
And today the anti-Lisa contingent struck a crushing victory, with 9 votes. The Apple II+ got 3 votes, the Apple IIe and IIc+ got 2 votes, with the Apple IIc and Apple I receiving 1 vote each.

1. Apple III (3)
2. Lisa (9)

You may now vote for:

Apple I
Apple II
Apple II+
Apple IIc
Apple IIc+
Apple IIe
Apple IIgs

The first real difficult round, but I think I'll go for the Apple IIc.

GeeYouEye

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 9, 2001
State of Denial
since people are only voting, and not posting, in order to improve the presitge and rank of this thread, I now put an obligatory *bump*

I don't think I could have said that in any more words. Thoughts?

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
The Apple I might have started it all, but it never really caught on. Now their fame is all in the collectability based on Apple's overall appeal, not for the Apple I.

I vote to give it the boot...

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
kill it

I vote that we kill these threads. They are just wasting server space for arn and serve no purpose other then to add post numbers to the originator.

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Originally posted by dukestreet
The Apple I might have started it all, but it never really caught on. Now their fame is all in the collectability based on Apple's overall appeal, not for the Apple I.

I vote to give it the boot...

Sheesh, this sounds like Survivor or The Weakest Link. :rolleyes: :D

Hey dukestreet, think you could create a short 3d clip of all the old classic Apple's standing around the Weakest Link podiums? I'm half joking, but I can picture it and it would be pretty funny... give 'em all personalities and everything...or not! :D

P.S. Personally, I prefer using ][ for the Apple II and //c for the Apple IIc. ;)

mcrain

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2002
Illinois
Re: kill it

Originally posted by AlphaTech
I vote that we kill these threads. They are just wasting server space for arn and serve no purpose other then to add post numbers to the originator.
I thought you didn't give a rats arse about post counts...

Also, it's just text. Hey Arn, how taxed (no pun intended) is the server right now? Would removing this thread help much?

(edit) I forgot to mention, I voted for the Apple 1 because the ][ series of computers really revolutionized how I used computers, and also most of my friends.

Geert

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2001
.be

I can relate to what alphatech has said, these kind of threads have been popping up like mushrooms in the fall.

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
Originally posted by Hemingray

P.S. Personally, I prefer using ][ for the Apple II and //c for the Apple IIc. ;)

Me too. That is the proper terminology for the old Apples. What perplexed me is that the IIgs' exterior says IIGS and the mobo says //gs. Go figure.

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
Re: Re: kill it

Originally posted by Geert

I can relate to what alphatech has said, these kind of threads have been popping up like mushrooms in the fall.

Psillocybin or Amonita?.............gota be careful. Best to stick to Cow pastures for Psillocybin and avoid Amonita alltogether.:D ;) :rolleyes:

GeeYouEye

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 9, 2001
State of Denial
Get your votes in. Polls close at about 5:30 PM Pacific Time. BTW, for anyone who cares, I'll put the II as ][ and // next time.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000

and all us motorcycle fans are not wasting space, myself included...he he

i vote out the apple 1

ps - alphatech, will you customize the bike until you have put more money into customizing it than you paid for it, or is that just the territory of car and computer buffs;)

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
How come the IIgs has more votes than the //e? The IIgs is a superior machine in all respects.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
Originally posted by mc68k
How come the IIgs has more votes than the //e? The IIgs is a superior machine in all respects.

the IIe was such a major groundbreaker for apple sales-wise even though the IIgs was a better machine

the apple I was more of a historical anomaly and i don't know of anyone who ever bought one, and i live near apple!

GeeYouEye

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 9, 2001
State of Denial
Originally posted by jefhatfield

the IIe was such a major groundbreaker for apple sales-wise even though the IIgs was a better machine

the apple I was more of a historical anomaly and i don't know of anyone who ever bought one, and i live near apple!

That's because Apple was originally based in Palo Alto, not Cupertino. (AppleStore connection, anyone?) Look there for people who bought one. BTW, polls close in about 5 mins.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
Originally posted by GeeYouEye

That's because Apple was originally based in Palo Alto, not Cupertino. (AppleStore connection, anyone?) Look there for people who bought one. BTW, polls close in about 5 mins.

cupertino and palo alto are practically right next to each other

GeeYouEye

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 9, 2001
State of Denial

cupertino and palo alto are practically right next to each other

not really. Cupertino is very close to San Jose (all right, closer to Mountain View, but that's a different story), whereas Palo Alto is about 1/3 of the way up the peninsula.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
i drive a lot and i used to travel from south bay in monterey to san francisco for school, so they are not actually next door neighbors like san francisco and san mateo, for instance... but close enough for me...and us 40 year olds used to walk it every day in five feet of snow;)

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
i drive a lot and i used to travel from south bay in monterey to san francisco for school, so they are not actually next door neighbors like san francisco and san mateo, for instance... but close enough for me...and us 40 year olds used to walk it every day in five feet of snow;)

jef would u please stop talking about those places!!!!

u have no idea how badly I wanna be back there...oh god I wish I could go back.... ;) :p

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
sf...still cool but gone down a little

sj...a pit

sm...so so

pa...nice in an empty way

cup...clean but sterilized

GeeYouEye

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 9, 2001
State of Denial
sf...still cool but gone down a little

sj...a pit

sm...so so

pa...nice in an empty way

cup...clean but sterilized

hehe, yep. That's why I'm Walnut Creek. Contra Costa county is the best county around here.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
contra costa is great since it is not destoyed by the silicon valley region and i am just south of the 4 1/2 region in monterey county...cisco was trying to move down here and bring high tech to the outskirts and chop down a lot of trees...not for the proposed plant, but for the housing it would take for all the workers

luckily, monterey county voted to stay out of the silicon valley core of santa clara, san mateo, sf, alameda, and santa cruz counties (actually, half of almeda county is not considered to be in the silicon valley business region)

pretty soon though, northern california will be like southern california with all the traffic and if current trends of people moving out of the east coast to the west coast continues, we will be the crowded coast and they will be the other coast...but domographics experts put that suarely somewhere in the 22nd century so i won't be around to have to sign up for a vacation to the uncrowded serenity of the east coast;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.