PDA

View Full Version : Howto get that "cool OS X volume thingy" on the iPod Touch!

PowerFullMac
Jan 10, 2008, 11:01 AM
Right, first of all this is just a useless bit of fun, so is good for killing time and showing off... Second, you will need WiFi for the beginning because you need installer for a few things... Third, I only tested this on 1.1.1, but it should be fine on 1.1.2... Got that? Let us begin!

First, fire up the glorious WiFi, connect to the internets and bring up the Installer.
Now, go to "Tweaks (1.1.1)" and install "iPod3" (even if you have 1.1.2, install this anyway, there is no difference between this and any possible 1.1.2 version that might come out)
Lastly, go to "System" then install "Dock", now just press the home button and wait for the SpringBoard to restart.

Done! So now heres what you do, use the Dock app you just installed to open the "iPod" app and then just play anything random and move the volume thing at the bottom and the OS X-style volume tihng should come up as you change the volume!

Enjoy this new useless feature!

OrangeCuse44
Jan 10, 2008, 12:26 PM
can you post a screen?

and maybe you should put this in the hacks forum

notjustjay
Jan 10, 2008, 01:39 PM
I have actually seen that "cool volume thingy" a number of times while using the iPod Touch. I can't, however, figure out how I got it to display.

Dr. Rengers
Jan 10, 2008, 01:49 PM
You don't need a hack for that, just good timing :D

Open up a YouTube movie and press and hold the volume slider when it's loading. Then the movie starts and when te controls fade out: Tadaa!

Still: Quite useless....

Nicowoodcock
Jan 10, 2008, 02:08 PM
Yeah, I made this appear before by accident.
Now I know how xD
Thanks.

psychofreak
Jan 10, 2008, 02:09 PM
I have actually seen that "cool volume thingy" a number of times while using the iPod Touch. I can't, however, figure out how I got it to display.

If its like the iPhone, there are volume buttons on the side which bring it up :)

Nicowoodcock
Jan 10, 2008, 02:13 PM
Yeah, there are no volume buttons on the side of the iPod.

PowerFullMac
Jan 10, 2008, 02:36 PM
Yeah, and you can also move and hold down the volume slider in the Music app, then press the home button and it comes up... But this is proper! You can move the volume thingy and the OS X style thing dosent just flash, but it works!!!

nlivo
Jan 10, 2008, 04:17 PM
it's good but it's a shame it only works when you accces the music through the "dock" app.

Vigilante
Jan 10, 2008, 04:23 PM
Yeah, and you can also move and hold down the volume slider in the Music app, then press the home button and it comes up... But this is proper! You can move the volume thingy and the OS X style thing dosent just flash, but it works!!!
People talked about this a few months back, obviously as just a useless addition to the Touch (another thing they forgot to remove from the iPhone software). Didn't it have something to do with the iPhone's bluetooth, though?

benolathe
Jan 11, 2008, 12:26 AM
What is the "cool OS X volume thingy"

Nicowoodcock
Jan 11, 2008, 05:02 AM
Its like when you change the volume on a Mac, the little box that comes up on the screen with volume and little squares showing how much.

andybno1
Jan 11, 2008, 06:17 AM
not having a mac and going by what was said I can guess it is the same volume thing that pops up on my touch when I have it plugged in to my dock?

PowerFullMac
Jan 11, 2008, 10:01 AM
not having a mac and going by what was said I can guess it is the same volume thing that pops up on my touch when I have it plugged in to my dock?

Yep, and the reason its on the iPod Touch is because of dock/headphone remotes are used it shows, which is why is flashes up sometimes when you dock it.

rusty.
Jan 12, 2008, 11:23 AM
You you change the volume and then flip to coverflow it does that all the time on mine.