PDA

View Full Version : MWSF 2008 'Spoiler Free' Keynote Stream

MacRumors
Jan 10, 2008, 04:56 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

Apple will kick off the 2008 Macworld San Francisco on January 15th 2008 with a keynote speech from Steve Jobs. News sites across the web will cover every announcement in detail, while Apple's site will be updated with any new products announced.

The keynote takes places on January 15th, 2008 at 9AM Pacific time and will be covered live at MacRumorsLive.com

Some readers prefer watching the keynote themselves without knowing the outcome. Unfortunately, there is no live video feed for the keynote. Instead, Apple posts a recorded Quicktime stream (usually) a few hours after the keynote completes.

For those individuals, we've posted this news story which will be updated with the link to the MWSF 2008 Keynote speech once it becomes available from Apple. No other news stories or announcements will be displayed alongside this story.

Bookmark this link (http://www.macrumors.com/2008/01/10/mwsf-2008-spoiler-free-keynote-stream/)

You can also subscribe to our notification list which will send out an email when the keynote is posted online. The mailing list will only be used for notifications for these spoiler free announcements and you may unsubscribe at any time. Subscribe (http://www.macrumors.com/2008/01/10/mwsf-2008-spoiler-free-keynote-stream/)

Article Link (http://www.macrumors.com/2008/01/10/mwsf-2008-spoiler-free-keynote-stream/)

Muzzway
Jan 11, 2008, 04:04 PM
Won't be able to catch the keynote anyway, so this'll be great.

jackc
Jan 11, 2008, 04:52 PM
As I recall, it took a lot longer than a few hours last time, didn't it?

Muzzway
Jan 11, 2008, 04:56 PM
As I recall, it took a lot longer than a few hours last time, didn't it?

It did, unfortunately. :(

I'm sure that Apple won't be incredibly timely this time either, but, hey, I'm willing to wait.

aswitcher
Jan 11, 2008, 05:02 PM
I think if they offered a HD version for a couple of bucks on ITMS soon after the event it would be a very popular item.

Jade Cambell
Jan 11, 2008, 05:48 PM
I think if they offered a HD version for a couple of bucks on ITMS soon after the event it would be a very popular item.

But iTunes will spoil some of the new products before you can buy it.. haha.

teleromeo
Jan 11, 2008, 05:52 PM
But iTunes will spoil some of the new products before you can buy it.. haha.

surfing to the apple site to find the stream also ...

magicbumone
Jan 11, 2008, 05:57 PM
Yea, Apple if your watching put the Macworld broadcast on itunes right after and I will buy it. I would pay even more if Apple would do live streaming video for extra. Sale it for $7.99 I do that every year.

techlover828
Jan 11, 2008, 06:02 PM
surfing to the apple site to find the stream also ...

thats the point of the bookmark that was provided in the opening post.

Voidness
Jan 12, 2008, 08:29 AM
Apple had a direct download link of the September special music event in addition to the usual Quicktime stream. Apparently, this was made for iPhone users. Since I'm unable to watch Quicktime streams using my incredibly unreliable internet connection, I was very glad to find that link.

I wonder if Apple would do the same this time. If someone could post a similar link to the event on Tuesday, that would be appreciated. :)

M!K
Jan 12, 2008, 09:22 AM
It did, unfortunately. :(

I'm sure that Apple won't be incredibly timely this time either, but, hey, I'm willing to wait.

Me too. I love watching the keynote without knowing anything.

richard.mac
Jan 12, 2008, 09:33 AM
i posted this in the "Macworld Expo 2008 Keynote Live Coverage: Web, SMS, iPhone" thread and got no reply. hopefully someone can answer me here as this thread is more fitting:

i will wake January 16th to watch the streaming video. last year for WWDC 07 i bookmarked the spoiler free page and then woke up to watch the video stream macrumors provided but it was very "choppy" as i assume a lot of people where watching it around the world. i put up with it and just watched the choppy video and listened to the audio.

after it finished i went to the apple quicktime events page as i knew the outcome and i clicked on the video stream provided by Apple and it played perfectly fine! this was about an hour after i watch the quicktime stream provided by macrumors.

did macrumors provide an alternative URL link? is that why it was choppy compared to the link provided on the quicktime events page? will it be possible if this year macrumors can provide the same quicktime stream URL that Apple provided?

and must i say thank you very much macrumors for the keynote coverage. this is IMHHO the best coverage by any blog/forum on the web.

hatcher146
Jan 12, 2008, 12:29 PM
i hope i wont give in like i did last time...and of course right when i went to the apple site about 5 minutes later i got the email. haha

Martin C
Jan 12, 2008, 01:50 PM
The original resolution that they gave us last year was pathetic. It was a tiny square until they updated it to regular size a couple hours later.

jackc
Jan 12, 2008, 01:58 PM
If someone has a good link that beats the email, post it here.

reformist
Jan 12, 2008, 11:50 PM
Thank you for posting this! It's a great service. Watching Jobs deliver the goods is a once in a year event, and I hate spoiling it with text feeds.

sicembears
Jan 13, 2008, 02:11 PM
Are you using last years mailing list too? It says I'm already signed up.

ImperialX
Jan 13, 2008, 02:31 PM
Count me in. Text Updates really ruined MacWorld '07 for me.

mrkramer
Jan 13, 2008, 02:42 PM
Since my school locked most of their wireless connections, I might just watch the stream when i get home this year.

ErikAndre
Jan 13, 2008, 02:46 PM
Apple posts a recorded Quicktime stream (usually) a few hours after the keynote completes.

Keyword: Usually.

Most often it's several hours.

mrkramer
Jan 13, 2008, 03:48 PM
If someone has a good link that beats the email, post it here.

Most likely this (http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/mwsf08/) will be the link to the page for streaming. Just one warning though, last year Apple had some spoilers about the iPhone on there, so e careful with that link.

Also on a slightly different topic, does anyone know of a way to set up maybe some sort of automator script or something to start downloading the video and saving it to my computer as soon as it is posted? so i don't have to wait for all of the initial slow streaming.

zevot
Jan 14, 2008, 05:13 AM
so what does several hours mean?
2-4? Or 4-6? Cuz I m in the uk n i dun want to watch it very late
anyone here also from the UK has any past experience?

Stevenup7002
Jan 14, 2008, 06:48 AM
so what does several hours mean?
2-4? Or 4-6? Cuz I m in the uk n i dun want to watch it very late
anyone here also from the UK has any past experience?

For WWDC 07, it arrived at about 12:30AM, but it was worth staying up for.

Cloudane
Jan 14, 2008, 07:30 AM
We'll see what happens. I tried this last time it was a loooooong wait and when I was finally 5 minutes into it my dad wandered in and told me everything anyway :p

Pigumon
Jan 14, 2008, 02:18 PM
Wow

I don't think I've ever found out about a new apple product by watching the keynote.

Is it possible to hold out that long without clicking on apple's site???

I'd love to do it but though the mind is willing, the flesh is weak. or in this case.. the mind is weak.. hmm i guess i suck.

joseph2166
Jan 14, 2008, 02:26 PM
Wow

I'd love to do it but though the mind is willing, the flesh is weak. or in this case.. the mind is weak.. hmm i guess i suck.

I've done it before - normally by taking a long walk. Unfortunately the fates (and apple) are conspiring against me this time - it looks like it'll be raining here, and HOW am I meant to not give into the temptation of checking on my iPhone. I spose i'll have to leave it here so I don't give in.

It's worth it though!

katanna
Jan 14, 2008, 03:50 PM
From my research on the MacRumors Forums, Apple usually releases the video 6-6.5 hours after the event start. The last one was posted at 6 PM central time, to give you an idea.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=349372&page=4

On a side note, someone found another Keynote for download (for the iPhone).
http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/s83522y/iphone/63827621b_1_ip.mp4

Any idea how to find a similar link to tomorrow's keynote?

Matthew

Cousin Dirk
Jan 14, 2008, 04:20 PM
Damn, 6.5 hours? How in the hell am I supposed to wait that long - especially since I'm in the UK and need to get up early?

Seriously, if there is a link so I can watch the Keynote on the way to work on my iPhone on Wednesday morning, that may be best - but I'd have to pretty much stay off of the internet - and not watch the TV - until then.

bankshot
Jan 14, 2008, 04:26 PM

Sure, as long as you have something else to do during the day (adjust for your time zone relative for US Pacific). I'll be at work, and while I could surf this site or Apple's, I'll be plenty busy with real tasks. Worked fine for me with the WWDC 07 keynote. Got home and watched it without any spoilers.

My biggest dilemma is whether to stop checking Google News tomorrow. I usually check it a couple of times during the day for a quick break. I've already removed the Technology section from my customized page, but I'm afraid maybe something might show up in the Top News section which I don't think you can get rid of. Maybe I should just play it safe!

mrkramer
Jan 14, 2008, 04:47 PM
My biggest dilemma is whether to stop checking Google News tomorrow. I usually check it a couple of times during the day for a quick break. I've already removed the Technology section from my customized page, but I'm afraid maybe something might show up in the Top News section which I don't think you can get rid of. Maybe I should just play it safe!

If you don't want any spoilers, then you will want to avoid Google News, or any other news site.

sicembears
Jan 14, 2008, 09:55 PM
Apply.com says we get to watch it tuesday afternoon!!!
:eek:

neven
Jan 14, 2008, 11:28 PM
Apply.com says we get to watch it tuesday afternoon!!!
:eek:

That would be in line with previous Keynote stream postings, which landed around 2-3 PM PST.

My suggestion is to notify all your tech-savvy friends that you are on radio silence regarding Apple and don't open any news websites. Your productivity at work will spike :)

ryannel2003
Jan 14, 2008, 11:35 PM
I signed up for this, and luckily I will be at work until around 6 so when I get home, I should have a nice e-mail waiting for me so I can watch the keynote. :)

illegalprelude
Jan 14, 2008, 11:43 PM
I too wouldnt mind paying a buck or two for a HD version cause like other said, the resolution is near pathetic, mostly if you got a 60" screen but even on a 17" screen, its still meh at best lol (its lower then 480i.....)

ipedro
Jan 15, 2008, 12:29 AM
I decided to stay up late tonight so that I wake up late in the day on Tuesday. After that, I plan to go to see my doctor which will kill another 3 hours or so.

That should give me enough time to arrive home with the link waiting. :D

Chadder
Jan 15, 2008, 12:58 AM
Hey i have just switched emails is there a way to get the notification off my old email?

thomas040
Jan 15, 2008, 03:41 AM
that they are using a new font type for the headline and tagline on apples teaser?

I wonder if they are moving away from Myriad to Helvetica Neue? or something.... ??

maybe this time they are doing a redesign on EVERYTHING again... since the transition to intel is now totally complete (incl. microsoft office)...

or maybe the designer just used the wrong font

jkmakesmusic
Jan 15, 2008, 04:00 AM
that they are using a new font type for the headline and tagline on apples teaser?

I wonder if they are moving away from Myriad to Helvetica Neue? or something.... ??

maybe this time they are doing a redesign on EVERYTHING again... since the transition to intel is now totally complete (incl. microsoft office)...

or maybe the designer just used the wrong font

trust me, when it comes to apple, the designer wouldn't just accidentally use the wrong typeface and have it slip past.

that being said, the one they're using on all the promotional stuff is a lighter variant of myriad. same typeface, different font.

fatpony
Jan 15, 2008, 06:42 AM
:eek: Well this sucks! I'm in the UK too, so if it does turn out to be posted late, I won't be able to watch until 11.30am the next day! I've got an exam tomorrow morning and I've somehow got to revise for it this evening while waiting to see if the stream is posted early enough for me to be able to watch it today. :mad:

Cloudane
Jan 15, 2008, 07:29 AM
FYI, in UK time the previous keynote (ipods) was up at 10pm on a spoileriffic page, and a spoiler free link was posted around 10.30.

Can't see myself waiting this time, it's a loooooong wait!

ronaldpoi
Jan 15, 2008, 09:50 AM
Last year, they posted the keynote on iTunes, as a video podcast with VERY high quality. I hope they do the same this time (The podcast is named just "Macworld Keynote Address")...

Here is the link for those who want to remember last year's:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=212293773

Macnoviz
Jan 15, 2008, 10:04 AM
I know this is crazy, because we have exams to study for, and I need my sleep, and I'm the GMT+1 timezone (8 hours from Cupertino) but I will watch this keynote as soon as possible. I'll probably set my alarm to 12PM, to get up and watch the keynote. Last time I was going to watch it the next morning, but then some idiot costudent asked me if I had heard about the new iPhone...

anywho, what I really have to say is:
Could we maybe have some people who don't mind spoilers to post in this thread to check for updates and look for the highest quality video stream? (and/or the earliest)
Someone we can talk to withouth him/her revealing anything other than the links to spoiler free videos

Voidness
Jan 15, 2008, 11:35 AM
On a side note, someone found another Keynote for download (for the iPhone).
http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/s83522y/iphone/63827621b_1_ip.mp4
That was me :) I was lucky last time to find that link without spoiling anything.

Steve should be on stage right now. How long is the keynote this time?

cokeboy@mac.com
Jan 15, 2008, 11:39 AM
This is killing me I so want to look but really want it to be spoiler free.

I have turned of all RSS feeds within mail just incase lol

What time will the keynote be done as I stay in the Uk

All the best
George Kelly

joseph2166
Jan 15, 2008, 11:49 AM
This is killing me I so want to look but really want it to be spoiler free.

I have turned of all RSS feeds within mail just incase lol

What time will the keynote be done as I stay in the Uk

All the best
George Kelly

They're normally ~ an hour and a half aren't they? So half sixish? But then we've a long wait till it actually gets posted! I think I'm off for a walk - dark and raining though it is - to take my mind off things ;). And I spose I'll have to leave my iphone here incase curiosity gets to me.

katanna
Jan 15, 2008, 12:12 PM
Well, guys, I have some good news: I just realized that my settings were wrong, so when I said that the last one was posted at 6 PM, it was really 4 PM! Don't know what that means, but hopefully it will be posted soon. I have church from 6-10, so if it isn't posted by 5, I will have to watch it after church (which isn't a bad thing considering that in the first few hours the video is always choppy, unless I can get the download version...)

oh, and I would totally pay $2 for an HD version downloaded off iTunes!

Matthew

Cousin Dirk
Jan 15, 2008, 12:23 PM
*twitch*

--

If the stream isn't posted in the next 4 hours or so, I'm gonna have to trawl this thread tomorrow morning looking for a downloadable version which I can take to work on my iPhone... although, how to get it on my iPhone without accidentally finding out about any iTunes or iPhone updates? Oh man, this is hard, especially since I'm staying off the internet in general until I've seen the Keynote...

Geordie
Jan 15, 2008, 12:28 PM
Another year, the usual temptation and impatience.

The last one I waited for, I stayed up until the early hours and was about to give up and sleep when it appeared (so I watched it).

Nothing planned for tomorrow so I expect it to be another long evening.

Agree with those suggesting charging a small fee for good quality, slightly delayed (but accurately scheduled) iTunes download.

Especially if it was available to order beforehand and automatically pushed to iTunes. An Apple video podcast for keynotes would be even easier.
I imagine many of us would loose less sleep.

Cousin Dirk
Jan 15, 2008, 12:39 PM
Nothing planned for tomorrow so I expect it to be another long evening.

Alright for some mate, I have to be up at 6am tomorrow morning!

Geordie
Jan 15, 2008, 12:51 PM
Yeah I thought that might make a few envious.

iTunes can be avoided as it'll be Software Update. iPhone update, can you not just ignore and do later like iPod firmware updates?

Macnoviz
Jan 15, 2008, 12:51 PM
Alright for some mate, I have to be up at 6am tomorrow morning!

me too, and that's 5 AM GMT, so stop whining. :D

AtHomeBoy_2000
Jan 15, 2008, 12:52 PM
Damn, 6.5 hours? How in the hell am I supposed to wait that long - especially since I'm in the UK and need to get up early?

It takes time for a a file to propagate along the akamai (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akamai_Technologies)network. Especially huge files like a 1.5+ hour long keynote.

ronaldpoi
Jan 15, 2008, 01:06 PM
Thanks to everyone for not saying a word about what was on the Macworld keynote. It is over already and i really appreciate you keep this forum spoiler free...

joseph2166
Jan 15, 2008, 01:12 PM
Thanks to everyone for not saying a word about what was on the Macworld keynote. It is over already and i really appreciate you keep this forum spoiler free...

They're all too busy talking in other forums about the new iAirPodMac whatever

Cousin Dirk
Jan 15, 2008, 01:12 PM

Amen to that. Now, where are those damned links already? :p

AtHomeBoy_2000
Jan 15, 2008, 01:14 PM
Amen to that. Now, where are those damned links already? :p

I am fearful to visit ANY website I normally go to. MSNBC, CNN, DIGG, Engadget, Techcrunch. I KNOW the info will be plastered all over the place. So... I am watching American Gladiators (http://www.nbc.com/American_Gladiators/index.shtml). hehe

Voidness
Jan 15, 2008, 01:17 PM
They're all too busy talking in other forums about the new iAirPodMac whatever
... and whining about some missing feature in the new product(s) that they'd consider a dealbreaker. :p

I guess the keynote is over by now. Hurry Apple! I don't want to stay awake all night :)

Cousin Dirk
Jan 15, 2008, 01:18 PM
I am fearful to visit ANY website I normally go to. MSNBC, CNN, DIGG, Engadget, Techcrunch. I KNOW the info will be plastered all over the place. So... I am watching American Gladiators (http://www.nbc.com/American_Gladiators/index.shtml). hehe

Dude, THIS is the only page I'm prepared to read :D

xUKHCx
Jan 15, 2008, 01:19 PM
I guess the keynote is over by now. Hurry Apple! I don't want to stay awake all night :)

FYI The keynote is over. Keep up the will power people.

lofight
Jan 15, 2008, 01:30 PM
I live in Belgium, Now 20:30 and i can't stay up :(

CapitalQ
Jan 15, 2008, 01:31 PM
Keynote posted!!! Here's the link!!!

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/

applemax
Jan 15, 2008, 01:32 PM
Just for all you people who haven't seen the keynote yet - just to keep the hype running - 1 word:

"wow".

**DO** get your hopes up for this one :D

Voidness
Jan 15, 2008, 01:34 PM

That was fast! :) That link is probably full of spoilers, can someone get a direct link to the video?

Macnoviz
Jan 15, 2008, 01:34 PM

what? is this real?

What's the quicktime URL?

CapitalQ
Jan 15, 2008, 01:37 PM
There are no spoilers at the URL.

Domofloge
Jan 15, 2008, 01:38 PM
Yea, Apple if your watching put the Macworld broadcast on itunes right after and I will buy it. I would pay even more if Apple would do live streaming video for extra. Sale it for $7.99 I do that every year.

Its a bi-annual event. :D

Macnoviz
Jan 15, 2008, 01:38 PM
I checked it out, but I think there are spoilers on the page. (I managed to look away)

the source is: rtsp://a2047.v1413b.c1413.g.vq.akamaistream.net/5/2047/1413/1_h264_110/1a1a1ae656c632970267e04ebd3196c428970e7ce857b81c4aab1677e445aedc3fae1b4a7bafe013/972345688g_1_220.mov

quality looks fine (it's no HD, though)

Voidness
Jan 15, 2008, 01:40 PM
Here's the stream's direct link:

Link (rtsp://a2047.v1413b.c1413.g.vq.akamaistream.net/5/2047/1413/1_h264_110/1a1a1ae656c632970267e04ebd3196c428970e7ce857b81c4aab1677e445aedc3fae1b4a7bafe013/972345688g_1_220.mov)

Voidness
Jan 15, 2008, 01:48 PM
For those interested in downloading the keynote instead of streaming it, I think this is the iPhone version of the keynote video:

UPDATE: Incorrect URL. Sorry about that.

Plecky123
Jan 15, 2008, 01:50 PM
Thanks for posting the link.
Works great. In fact, no massive amount of retries before it worked.

AtHomeBoy_2000
Jan 15, 2008, 01:53 PM
Thanks for posting the link.
Works great. In fact, no massive amount of retries before it worked.
APple knows they've had problems in the past. i bet they did some massive improvements in the past 11 months,

CapitalQ
Jan 15, 2008, 01:53 PM
For those interested in downloading the keynote instead of streaming it, I think this is the iPhone version of the keynote video:

http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/f27853y2/iphone/972345688g_1_ip.mp4

That is not this year's Keynote.

Vokteren
Jan 15, 2008, 01:58 PM
Is it only for me that the video is extremely choppy, both video and audio?

Voidness
Jan 15, 2008, 02:17 PM
Thanks for pointing out my mistake CapitalQ. It wouldn't be nice if I finished downloading the video and found out that it was Apple's August event. :)

Can someone with an iPhone or iPod touch try accessing the keynote from there? I think that Apple still didn't post the correct link for the iPhone.

Chef Medeski
Jan 15, 2008, 02:34 PM
Ok its not working agin.
:'(

ImperialX
Jan 15, 2008, 02:39 PM
meh. Don't worry about it. Wait for the HD one on iTunes. That's the only reason why they took it down (I think).

iRabbit
Jan 15, 2008, 02:40 PM
meh. Don't worry about it. Wait for the HD one on iTunes. That's the only reason why they took it down (I think).

Any idea/guesses when that might be?

Plecky123
Jan 15, 2008, 02:40 PM
Is it only for me that the video is extremely choppy, both video and audio?
No chopiness here, although it stalled twice for about twenty seconds.
Twenty LONG seconds ;)

ImperialX
Jan 15, 2008, 02:41 PM
Any idea/guesses when that might be?

Probably in the afternoon like they said.

UPDATE: The Stream has been reposted (http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/mwsf08/).

AtHomeBoy_2000
Jan 15, 2008, 02:46 PM
halfway through and already impressed.

jackc
Jan 15, 2008, 03:03 PM
I checked it out, but I think there are spoilers on the page. (I managed to look away)

the source is: rtsp://a2047.v1413b.c1413.g.vq.akamaistream.net/5/2047/1413/1_h264_110/1a1a1ae656c632970267e04ebd3196c428970e7ce857b81c4aab1677e445aedc3fae1b4a7bafe013/972345688g_1_220.mov

quality looks fine (it's no HD, though)

Thanks for the link, so far the quality is pretty good

katanna
Jan 15, 2008, 03:13 PM
I am watching it as I type...

The link I used:
rtsp://a2047.v1413b.c1413.g.vq.akamaistream.net/5/2047/1413/1_h264_110/1a1a1ae656c632970267e04ebd3196c428970e7ce857b81c4aab1677e445aedc3fae1b4a7bafe013/972345688g_1_220.mov

(grabbed from someone on the forums, thanks!)

BTW, the opening commercial had me laughing out loud!!

Matthew

Voidness
Jan 15, 2008, 03:18 PM
The link to the keynote page has been removed!

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/keynote

fikonhjul
Jan 15, 2008, 03:30 PM

Well, I'm having no luck with any of the links. Maybe some Akamai servers are not available/responsive globally.

If an iTunes version shows up, could someone please post the "phobos"-link. I guess iTunes Store is full of spoilers...

YellowMac
Jan 15, 2008, 03:39 PM
Well, I'm having no luck with any of the links. Maybe some Akamai servers are not available/responsive globally.

If an iTunes version shows up, could someone please post the "phobos"-link. I guess iTunes Store is full of spoilers...

Good to know I'm not the only one not getting the feed. Is anyone getting access?

aaronvegh
Jan 15, 2008, 03:41 PM
As of right now, near Toronto, the video's too choppy to watch. Almost no video at all, and some pretty broken sound. I wish I could just set the thing to download somehow.

I guess I'll just come back later, when it's propagated through Akamai's network at a server closer to here, and less crowded? :-P

psychofreak
Jan 15, 2008, 03:43 PM
Looks perfect over here in London :)

applemax
Jan 15, 2008, 03:45 PM
Looks perfect over here in London :)

Yeah - very nice here in East Anglia, UK - no chops, top quality :D

ImperialX
Jan 15, 2008, 03:51 PM
Watched 4 seconds and decided to wait for the iTunes Version. The video is too choppy, the quality is pathetic. Maybe it's just New Zealand's internet...

fikonhjul
Jan 15, 2008, 05:02 PM

And it's up again! But sadly for me, the stream still don't play (Sweden). And beware of the "Send to a friend" link. It leads to a spoiler.

Macnoviz
Jan 15, 2008, 05:07 PM
no problems in Belgium, looks like our series of tubes is better than yours! :D

fikonhjul
Jan 15, 2008, 05:21 PM
no problems in Belgium, looks like our series of tubes is better than yours! :D

Watching it now. Switched from AirPort to wired, and that made the difference.

Cloudane
Well, I managed to hold out. It was up earlier than I expected too :)

Thanks to those who posted the links, and for keeping the thread spoiler-free!

nirvana92fan
This is weird, I can see the videos fine, but I get no audio. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Voidness
Jan 15, 2008, 05:26 PM
The downloadable video is up! It's the same link that I previously posted, but with the correct video:

ImperialX
Jan 15, 2008, 05:36 PM
OMG!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! I've been waiting for a downloadable one. Downloading now.

Anyone got a higher quality one?

drumpat01
Jan 15, 2008, 11:55 PM
The downloadable video is up! It's the same link that I previously posted, but with the correct video:

Thank you so much!! My collection continues to grow :)

scunky
Jan 16, 2008, 07:28 AM
well done mac rumors. 16 hours after the keynote is published
you send the spoiler free email. i gave up on you @ 10.30pm gmt
last night and went to apple site to watch the stream
the spoiler free email idea didn't work mac rumors
I won't subscribe to that again.

Cloudane
Jan 16, 2008, 08:20 AM
Haha.. that happened last time.. don't think I've even had mine yet.

That's why I bookmarked this thread instead :p

Knox
Jan 16, 2008, 03:37 PM
Sorry about the delay on the emails - we had some issues with the server that runs the mailing list. Obviously we'll fix that for next time :)

(Details: The server that runs www.macrumors.com is the one that actually sends the email. About 40 minutes before the keynote started it started to get heavily overloaded and I had to take emergency measures to keep it up, specifically disabling everything that wasn't required at that moment. Unfortunately in the chaos I forgot to re-enable the mailing list software, so while the email was written soon after it didn't get sent until much later)

celavato
Jan 16, 2008, 11:07 PM
www.macrumors.com[/url] is the one that actually sends the email. About 40 minutes before the keynote started it started to get heavily overloaded and I had to take emergency measures to keep it up, specifically disabling everything that wasn't required at that moment. Unfortunately in the chaos I forgot to re-enable the mailing list software, so while the email was written soon after it didn't get sent until much later)

Why are you running mail on your Web server? Put it on its own server. Don't let one application take down another. This no spoiler thread would have been a bust if it were not for your readers who provided the download link. Even now Friday morning, your announcement only has the long QuickTime link and not the actual link. Very disappointing.