Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joseph2166

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2006
Wow

Is it possible to hold out that long without clicking on apple's site???

I'd love to do it but though the mind is willing, the flesh is weak. or in this case.. the mind is weak.. hmm i guess i suck.

I've done it before - normally by taking a long walk. Unfortunately the fates (and apple) are conspiring against me this time - it looks like it'll be raining here, and HOW am I meant to not give into the temptation of checking on my iPhone. I spose i'll have to leave it here so I don't give in.

It's worth it though!

katanna

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2004

Cousin Dirk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2008
London, UK
Damn, 6.5 hours? How in the hell am I supposed to wait that long - especially since I'm in the UK and need to get up early?

Seriously, if there is a link so I can watch the Keynote on the way to work on my iPhone on Wednesday morning, that may be best - but I'd have to pretty much stay off of the internet - and not watch the TV - until then.

bankshot

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2003
Southern California
Is it possible to hold out that long without clicking on apple's site???

Sure, as long as you have something else to do during the day (adjust for your time zone relative for US Pacific). I'll be at work, and while I could surf this site or Apple's, I'll be plenty busy with real tasks. Worked fine for me with the WWDC 07 keynote. Got home and watched it without any spoilers.

My biggest dilemma is whether to stop checking Google News tomorrow. I usually check it a couple of times during the day for a quick break. I've already removed the Technology section from my customized page, but I'm afraid maybe something might show up in the Top News section which I don't think you can get rid of. Maybe I should just play it safe!

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
My biggest dilemma is whether to stop checking Google News tomorrow. I usually check it a couple of times during the day for a quick break. I've already removed the Technology section from my customized page, but I'm afraid maybe something might show up in the Top News section which I don't think you can get rid of. Maybe I should just play it safe!

If you don't want any spoilers, then you will want to avoid Google News, or any other news site.

neven

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2006
Portland, OR
Apply.com says we get to watch it tuesday afternoon!!!
:eek:

That would be in line with previous Keynote stream postings, which landed around 2-3 PM PST.

My suggestion is to notify all your tech-savvy friends that you are on radio silence regarding Apple and don't open any news websites. Your productivity at work will spike :)

ryannel2003

macrumors 68000
Jan 30, 2005
Greenville, NC
I signed up for this, and luckily I will be at work until around 6 so when I get home, I should have a nice e-mail waiting for me so I can watch the keynote. :)

illegalprelude

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2005
Los Angeles, California
I too wouldnt mind paying a buck or two for a HD version cause like other said, the resolution is near pathetic, mostly if you got a 60" screen but even on a 17" screen, its still meh at best lol (its lower then 480i.....)

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
I decided to stay up late tonight so that I wake up late in the day on Tuesday. After that, I plan to go to see my doctor which will kill another 3 hours or so.

That should give me enough time to arrive home with the link waiting. :D

thomas040

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2007
New York
anyone noticed

that they are using a new font type for the headline and tagline on apples teaser?

I wonder if they are moving away from Myriad to Helvetica Neue? or something.... ??

maybe this time they are doing a redesign on EVERYTHING again... since the transition to intel is now totally complete (incl. microsoft office)...

or maybe the designer just used the wrong font

jkmakesmusic

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2007
nashville
that they are using a new font type for the headline and tagline on apples teaser?

I wonder if they are moving away from Myriad to Helvetica Neue? or something.... ??

maybe this time they are doing a redesign on EVERYTHING again... since the transition to intel is now totally complete (incl. microsoft office)...

or maybe the designer just used the wrong font

trust me, when it comes to apple, the designer wouldn't just accidentally use the wrong typeface and have it slip past.

that being said, the one they're using on all the promotional stuff is a lighter variant of myriad. same typeface, different font.

fatpony

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2007
'Spoiler Free' Keynote

:eek: Well this sucks! I'm in the UK too, so if it does turn out to be posted late, I won't be able to watch until 11.30am the next day! I've got an exam tomorrow morning and I've somehow got to revise for it this evening while waiting to see if the stream is posted early enough for me to be able to watch it today. :mad:

Cloudane

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2007
Sweet Apple Acres
FYI, in UK time the previous keynote (ipods) was up at 10pm on a spoileriffic page, and a spoiler free link was posted around 10.30.

Can't see myself waiting this time, it's a loooooong wait!

Macnoviz

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2006
Roeselare, Belgium
I know this is crazy, because we have exams to study for, and I need my sleep, and I'm the GMT+1 timezone (8 hours from Cupertino) but I will watch this keynote as soon as possible. I'll probably set my alarm to 12PM, to get up and watch the keynote. Last time I was going to watch it the next morning, but then some idiot costudent asked me if I had heard about the new iPhone...

anywho, what I really have to say is:
Could we maybe have some people who don't mind spoilers to post in this thread to check for updates and look for the highest quality video stream? (and/or the earliest)
Someone we can talk to withouth him/her revealing anything other than the links to spoiler free videos

cokeboy@mac.com

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2007
This is killing me I so want to look but really want it to be spoiler free.

I have turned of all RSS feeds within mail just incase lol

What time will the keynote be done as I stay in the Uk

All the best
George Kelly

joseph2166

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2006
This is killing me I so want to look but really want it to be spoiler free.

I have turned of all RSS feeds within mail just incase lol

What time will the keynote be done as I stay in the Uk

All the best
George Kelly

They're normally ~ an hour and a half aren't they? So half sixish? But then we've a long wait till it actually gets posted! I think I'm off for a walk - dark and raining though it is - to take my mind off things ;). And I spose I'll have to leave my iphone here incase curiosity gets to me.

katanna

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2004
Well, guys, I have some good news: I just realized that my settings were wrong, so when I said that the last one was posted at 6 PM, it was really 4 PM! Don't know what that means, but hopefully it will be posted soon. I have church from 6-10, so if it isn't posted by 5, I will have to watch it after church (which isn't a bad thing considering that in the first few hours the video is always choppy, unless I can get the download version...)

oh, and I would totally pay $2 for an HD version downloaded off iTunes!

Matthew

Cousin Dirk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2008
London, UK
*twitch*

--

If the stream isn't posted in the next 4 hours or so, I'm gonna have to trawl this thread tomorrow morning looking for a downloadable version which I can take to work on my iPhone... although, how to get it on my iPhone without accidentally finding out about any iTunes or iPhone updates? Oh man, this is hard, especially since I'm staying off the internet in general until I've seen the Keynote...

Geordie

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2006
UK
Another year, the usual temptation and impatience.

The last one I waited for, I stayed up until the early hours and was about to give up and sleep when it appeared (so I watched it).

Nothing planned for tomorrow so I expect it to be another long evening.

Agree with those suggesting charging a small fee for good quality, slightly delayed (but accurately scheduled) iTunes download.

Especially if it was available to order beforehand and automatically pushed to iTunes. An Apple video podcast for keynotes would be even easier.
I imagine many of us would loose less sleep.

Geordie

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2006
UK
Yeah I thought that might make a few envious.

iTunes can be avoided as it'll be Software Update. iPhone update, can you not just ignore and do later like iPod firmware updates?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.