PDA

View Full Version : Most popular G3 iMac color?

Nancyboy 2000
Oct 10, 2003, 12:27 AM
I'd like to buy a used G3 iMac for a toddler. Specifically, I'd like to get a strawberry G3 iMac with a slot-loading DVD drive. Every time I look on eBay, though, I don't see very many strawberry iMacs of any kind, which made me wonder which color was the least popular. Seems to be a 3-way tie between orange, lime, and strawberry. I see a lot of grape and blueberry, though. I'm thinking of the 5 "flavored" iMacs, not graphite, snow, indigo, bondi, flower power, or blue dalmation.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions about where to go to get one of these other than eBay, I'd like to hear it. I can't find them anywhere online or at authorized resellers. Small Dog is currently out of stock, too. I'm a little nervous about getting a Mac that old, but I'm willing to take my chances.

Thanks!

G5orbust
Oct 10, 2003, 12:41 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2758141488&category=4603

the only strawberry imac on ebay, it looks like. Its tray loading, but hey, take it leave it.

GraphicUmp
Oct 10, 2003, 06:22 PM
Mac Of All Trades (http://www.macofalltrades.com/) has iMacs listed under "Older Macs" - the stock changes sometimes daily.

Right now (Fri) they have Lime and Grape, but who knows what they'll have Monday?

latergator116
Oct 10, 2003, 06:49 PM
I was just going to say Mac of All Trades. they also seem to have the best prices

Vlade
Oct 11, 2003, 09:11 AM
Orange is definitely the least popular, I think any form of blue is the most

benixau
Oct 11, 2003, 09:29 AM
you know they actually (at least in OZ) had standard discounting on the tangerine iMacs. This would explain why alot of schools that have (or had :() macs had a fair few more of this type than any other.

Macmaniac
Oct 11, 2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Nancyboy 2000
I'd like to buy a used G3 iMac for a toddler. Specifically, I'd like to get a strawberry G3 iMac with a slot-loading DVD drive. Every time I look on eBay, though, I don't see very many strawberry iMacs of any kind, which made me wonder which color was the least popular. Seems to be a 3-way tie between orange, lime, and strawberry. I see a lot of grape and blueberry, though. I'm thinking of the 5 "flavored" iMacs, not graphite, snow, indigo, bondi, flower power, or blue dalmation.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions about where to go to get one of these other than eBay, I'd like to hear it. I can't find them anywhere online or at authorized resellers. Small Dog is currently out of stock, too. I'm a little nervous about getting a Mac that old, but I'm willing to take my chances.

Thanks!
They never made a strawberry slot loading iMac.
They did make a Ruby slot loading iMac! look for that.

MacMaelstrom
Oct 11, 2003, 04:57 PM
what world are you guys in! here near houston Tangerine is the most popular by far, and Lime is teh least

applemacdude
Oct 11, 2003, 05:06 PM
I thought the ugly tray laoding grape imac was ugly...oh yeah who can forget dalmation and flower power

stoid
Oct 11, 2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by MacMaelstrom
what world are you guys in! here near houston Tangerine is the most popular by far, and Lime is teh least

Of course Orange is popular in Texas, isn't the main color of like half of your sports teams orange?

GraphicUmp
Oct 11, 2003, 07:52 PM
Strawberry tray-loading iMac at PowerMax (http://www.powermax.com/cgi-global/generate_css_temp.cgi?p=c-u54108) for $429

Dreadnought
Oct 12, 2003, 12:37 PM
I still love the tangerine. It was the far most coolest color ever! My brother still has a tangerine ibook and every time I see that thing I fall in love with it!

simX
Oct 12, 2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Macmaniac
They never made a strawberry slot loading iMac.
They did make a Ruby slot loading iMac! look for that.

Sure they did. http://www.apple-history.com/frames/body.php?page=gallery&model=imacdv

The new set of colors (sage, indigo, snow, ruby) came later. But there definitely was a set of slot-loading iMacs that came in the original 5 colors.

Dont Hurt Me
Oct 12, 2003, 04:20 PM
all the colors were really cool, the wife has a blue 500 so iam biased, but i was thinking orange when the originals came out but ended up with bondi blue( almost green bluue)333. that was my first imac and think apple should bring back some limited run color emacs- say red,white and blue. dont force qty on retailers apple just sell the colors ordered hello.

GraphicUmp
Oct 13, 2003, 11:06 AM
Strawberry iMac DV/400 for $500 at MacResQ (http://www.macresq.com/store/detail.php?prodID=P005221)

Dreadnought
Oct 13, 2003, 03:12 PM
Imac, several colors, rev. A, for only 250 Euro's, In the Netherland!

Hmmm, I was thinking about getting one for my kitchen, a nice tangerine one. A database with recipies and it's a cool cookbook!

Dreadnought
Oct 13, 2003, 03:13 PM
Imac, several colors, rev. A, for only 250 Euro's, In the Netherlands!

Hmmm, I was thinking about getting one for my kitchen, a nice tangerine one. A database with recipies and it's a cool cookbook!