PDA

View Full Version : I have finally switched after a 7 week wait

cwedl
Oct 12, 2003, 11:47 AM
I have finally go my 12" Powerbook, It is fantastic, what also makes it good is my fast internet connection, I downloaded 150mb of updates in less that 4 minutes that was fantastic! I also have a .mac account, but at the moment I am just updating it, the fact that panther is coming out soon, means that I will have to spend another 100, nevermind, I am very Very happy, I think that I made the right chose to switch!!!!!

I will keep you updated

edesignuk
Oct 12, 2003, 12:18 PM
That's good to hear, glad you're enjoying you new PB :) Oh, and welcome to MacRumors.

ColoJohnBoy
Oct 12, 2003, 12:22 PM
Congratulations, buddy! You absolutely did make the right choice. And really, don't worry about the extra money for Panther - I'm running it right now (The final build too - 7B85). The interface is so much more sleek, performance is noticeably improved, an it's just overall bitchin' to have the latest and greatest that Apple offers. :D:D:D:D:D

matthew24
Oct 12, 2003, 12:51 PM
Congratulations and welcome.

It is allways great to hear that people keep switching, it shows that Apple is fighting the good fight. The darkside will not prevail against Apple. ;)

cwedl
Oct 13, 2003, 02:48 AM
Just a few more questions,

If I rip all of my music cds onto my mac without being connected to the internet, will I later be able to get all the track names when I connect to the internet?

In Microsoft Excel I am used to pressing alt and enter to bring text down to the next line in a cell, How do I do this on a mac, I can't seem to get it to work?

thank you

jholzner
Oct 13, 2003, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by cwedl
Just a few more questions,

If I rip all of my music cds onto my mac without being connected to the internet, will I later be able to get all the track names when I connect to the internet?

In Microsoft Excel I am used to pressing alt and enter to bring text down to the next line in a cell, How do I do this on a mac, I can't seem to get it to work?

thank you

Nope. I belive you have to be connected at the time you rip them for the track names to be included. Oh, what format/bit rate are you endocing in...just curious.

cwedl
Oct 13, 2003, 04:34 AM
AAC 128kbps, I believe that AAC produces better sound quality than MP3s, My iPod will be bale to play them back, So will stick with that.

I will just have to use my dial-up account when I go home so that it can update the track info.

Thanks anyway, any body know about my Microsoft Excel Problem.