PDA

View Full Version : Woo the official mail app works with yahoo!

Bowlerguy10
Jan 15, 2008, 04:50 PM
I can log right in through the yahoo option. I am really glad that it works unlike the jailbroken version. Among other things I have noticed is that the dock is now corrugated like the iPhone and things seem much faster and smoother.

Hls811
Jan 15, 2008, 08:21 PM
I can log right in through the yahoo option. I am really glad that it works unlike the jailbroken version. Among other things I have noticed is that the dock is now corrugated like the iPhone and things seem much faster and smoother.

Great news!! Not for nothing, but Yahoo Mail Plus costs $19.99 per year... To me, since I was frustrated that I couldn't use Yahoo Mail w/ my jailbroken iPT, this justifies the $20 fee for the apps!

Bowlerguy10
Jan 15, 2008, 08:44 PM
Great news!! Not for nothing, but Yahoo Mail Plus costs $19.99 per year... To me, since I was frustrated that I couldn't use Yahoo Mail w/ my jailbroken iPT, this justifies the $20 fee for the apps!

Ya IMO just getting that working is almost worth the price right there.

legacyb4
Jan 15, 2008, 11:55 PM
Yahoo Mail with the IMAP push option, you mean?

How old is your account? I know there was speculation that older accounts never got that enabled...

Hls811
Jan 16, 2008, 09:01 AM
Yahoo Mail with the IMAP push option, you mean?

How old is your account? I know there was speculation that older accounts never got that enabled...

My Yahoo account is from 2006 - I'm not sure if thats considered "new" - but it works so I'm happy :)

legacyb4
Jan 16, 2008, 12:11 PM
And you don't pay anything extra for Yahoo, right?

Cool; this means at some point I can entertain myself with tossing all the spam that my Yahoo account gets into the trash with that cool screen animation!

My Yahoo account is from 2006 - I'm not sure if thats considered "new" - but it works so I'm happy :)

Hls811
Jan 16, 2008, 12:17 PM
And you don't pay anything extra for Yahoo, right?

Cool; this means at some point I can entertain myself with tossing all the spam that my Yahoo account gets into the trash with that cool screen animation!

Correct - I didn't pay for Yahoo.

And thats funny, I love the trash can animation! :)