PDA

View Full Version : BUY NOW removed on iTunes Store for the 1.1.3 iPod Touch upgrade?

gmanrique
Jan 17, 2008, 06:55 AM
Anyone noticed this?

razorianfly
Jan 17, 2008, 07:14 AM
Anyone noticed this?

Yes. The update hasn't been pulled. It happens when iTunes recognizes you have the update already, so to prevent you or anyone else, who has already bought the update, buying the update again, for the same iPod, accidentally, iTunes removes the button. I'm glad they've done this. I was originally charged 3 times for the January Software Update. I contacted iTunes, and they are refunding 26 of it. (Thankyou Steve!)

I think this is the reason they have implemented this. To avoid having to give out refunds or store credit.

Then again, I could be wrong.

R-Fly

darkjedi187
Jan 17, 2008, 07:19 AM
I also got charged 3 time. I got an email saying they would investigate it and inform me when additional info is avail. What king of crap is that!!:mad:

ScottFitz
Jan 17, 2008, 08:13 AM
Not only are we going to penalize you guys that bought touch's for x-mas, we're going to triple charge you? Priceless.

Ashtangi
Jan 17, 2008, 08:18 AM
Has it actually been removed?

I'm using iTunes 7.6, but haven't upgraded to 1.1.3 yet - however, when I go to the purchase page I only see "Remind Me Later". Does the "Buy" option only become available after you've upgraded to 1.1.3?

Hls811
Jan 17, 2008, 08:44 AM
Yes. The update hasn't been pulled. It happens when iTunes recognizes you have the update already, so to prevent you or anyone else, who has already bought the update, buying the update again, for the same iPod, accidentally, iTunes removes the button. I'm glad they've done this. I was originally charged 3 times for the January Software Update. I contacted iTunes, and they are refunding 26 of it. (Thankyou Steve!)

I think this is the reason they have implemented this. To avoid having to give out refunds or store credit.

Then again, I could be wrong.

R-Fly

I got charged twice - but I got an email this morning saying that they refunded me for one of the purchases.

squeeks
Jan 17, 2008, 08:55 AM
I also got charged 3 time. I got an email saying they would investigate it and inform me when additional info is avail. What king of crap is that!!:mad:

maybe you should have been a bit nicer in your e-mail all of the rest of us got refunds:rolleyes:

gmanrique
Jan 17, 2008, 03:37 PM
A couple of people are reporting that after installing 1.1.3 (the free one with no new applications and no changes to OS level functions or improvements to already iPod touch applications) they are sent to the iTunes store where the only options are 'Ignore' and 'Remind me later' or something like that, but definitely no 'Buy Now' option.

Has it actually been removed?

I'm using iTunes 7.6, but haven't upgraded to 1.1.3 yet - however, when I go to the purchase page I only see "Remind Me Later". Does the "Buy" option only become available after you've upgraded to 1.1.3?

ProwlingTiger
Jan 17, 2008, 03:59 PM
My button was removed, and I never purchased the app. Its come back now, not that I'll be using the button anytime soon.

*hands button to gmanrique* lol