PDA

View Full Version : Using RCA With OS X

cmaracz88
Oct 15, 2003, 07:34 PM
I have just recieved a new Mac compatible RCA MP3 player. The manual however says nothing about using it with OS X (even though it says that it's OS X compatible). The website simply says that the way to transfer music is to drag and drop. However I have connected the player using USB and it doesn't show up on the desktop nor the finder window. So I'm confused as to how to do this.

As for anyone who plans to buy an RCA you might want to reconsider, their service and support is horrible at best. There is no phone support. There is a self service support centre which speaks nothing about Macs. There is no address to get repairs at either, you have to e-mail them and wait a week or more for a response (maybe they hope at least a percentage of people with problems will have their warranties expire in that week). But you can't anyways because you need to select the OS you are using when sending the e-mail and OS X is not included. Plus, they are idiots, they made the update that fixes issues with using the player with OS X in .exe

rhpenguin
Oct 16, 2003, 07:17 PM
RCA isnt good man... Every RCA item ive ever owned has crashed and burned.

I sugest calling them a lot till they do something about it.

cmaracz88
Oct 16, 2003, 08:03 PM
Hahaha those almost clever bastards rigged the e-mail system so that you can't send the form at all. If you select an OS that they allow it asks you what problem you're having, and if the problem is one they cover it takes you to a screen which asks what software you're using, and each of those links lead to a page which says to contact the software company.

ScottDodson
Oct 16, 2003, 09:15 PM
What type of RCA mp3 player is it?? It may make it easier for people to try and find drivers, 3rd pary, or support for it. I ran accross a few forums through google discussing the same problems...but I had no idea what player you had to compare.

crazzyeddie
Oct 16, 2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by cmaracz88 Plus, they are idiots, they made the update that fixes issues with using the player with OS X in .exe [/B]

The .exe may be a zip format. Try expanding it using Stuffit Expander.

cmaracz88
Oct 16, 2003, 10:10 PM
I am uisng the RD1021, and if it means anything when I go to system profiler it doesn't even show the device under USB devices when it's connected.

As to the above poster, no it's not a .zip file. I tried what you said.