Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SPG

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 24, 2001
In the shadow of the Space Needle.
I would like, no demand, a position document by the Anti Zealot Campaign.
Too many posters are claiming to hold high office in this campaign and yet I have not seen any real discussion of what this campaign stands for.
Let's have it.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
If you do a little research on the threads - try looking at the posts of the main members - you might find what you're looking for. It was discussed not too long ago, btw.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
re: Anti-Zealots

the Anti-Zealots....in a nutshell....are against bashing the PC all together and the PC-toting freaks out there...

I'm a Mac-freak...completely in every way...but I know there is another computer platform which can serve other people in ways that a Mac just won't...

but I also know that Mac OS is better than Windows...but I try not to get too emotional over it...unlike some of the flamewars have shown in the past around here... ;)

I was talking with some other members earlier today...and we're thinking of developing our own campaign...a coalition if u will...of course it's still in it's begining stages...

more to come soon...he he he :p

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Zealots...

Anti-Zealots are people who really do think different.

They don't really focus on one thing (such as a PC user), they look at everything.

We really try to open our minds to other platforms, programs, and practically anything!

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
I've been of this mind for a while now... Eventually it dawned on me, that in heated arguements like this (and NOT to get things started, but abortion, religion, etc, blah) you can argue until you turn blue, but no one's going to change their opinion. Each side attacks saying "my view indisputible" rather than "i have an open mind and will listen to what the other side says", so the arguing is pointless. The saying goes, "what would you have if you understood both sides of an arguement? paralysis"... it's true... you don't dwell on the arguement, and move on to bigger and better things.

This is why I want to be an anti-zealot. Thank you for your consideration.
hehe

:D
pnw

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
First off: LOL, love your sig paulwhannel! It's beautifully random. :D

And secondly here on the order of the Anti-Zealot Campaign, I would like a rousing chorus of "Hail, Hail, the Gang's All Here"! :D

BTW... I would certainly not consider my position in this campaign as holding high office. :p

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
TY hemingray :) it's actually from an old halloween Simpsons episode, but i woke up yesterday with it in my head... Gotta love homer!

I think i shall become "Superior General in charge of ambiguous anti-zealous affairs" if no one minds, since there doesn't seem to be any governing group that admits new members... I hereby admit myself ;)

pnw

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
Some of us have re-deployed.

The War on Zealots has reached a lull.

In this spirit personell have been shifted to the War On Stupidity.

I am hereby founding Seltzer-Pie-Laugh-At-Tactics Division

SPLAT Div. :D

Flame retardent clowning for all..........:p

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Re: Some of us have re-deployed.

Originally posted by mischief
The War on Zealots has reached a lull.

In this spirit personell have been shifted to the War On Stupidity.

I am hereby founding Seltzer-Pie-Laugh-At-Tactics Division

SPLAT Div. :D

Flame retardent clowning for all..........:p

Not bad, not bad.

Has this been approved by the majority?

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by mcrain
Does the Anti-Zealot compaign have an attorney? :D

OOH, good point, you know how those zealots get all defensive, they might just take exception to the abuse they get and start thinking legal action.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Re: THIS IS NOT A DEMOCRACY!!!!!

This is a Revolutionary Anarchist movement toward sanity.

Well, you would have to have followers if you want the movement to succeed, now wouldn't you?:D

But your starting to spit when you say that. You might want to take a deep breath, relax and count to 10. Don't start ranting, you'll be as bad as the individuals you're after.....

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
There are many grades of Combat Pie.

The basic Field Pie Kit:

1 pack - 8" Disposable Pie Pans.

2 - 8 cans of whip cream in various flavours.

A typical Clown Commando also carries 1 to 4 Seltzer bottles and a backup piece: typically a moon-pie.

Special targets require special ordinance. For example the standard issue Assasination Pie is a store bought puree based dark fruit pie.

In a pinch, for a low ranking special target all Pie Assasins cache basic pie making supplies in their kitchen.

Research is being done in the Special Pies division into vehicle-mounted soft-merengue sprayers and Anti-tank pies.

:cool:

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
Re: Re: THIS IS NOT A DEMOCRACY!!!!!

Originally posted by dukestreet

Well, you would have to have followers if you want the movement to succeed, now wouldn't you?:D

By definition an Anarchist movement has no High Commander.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Re: Re: Re: THIS IS NOT A DEMOCRACY!!!!!

By definition an Anarchist movement has no High Commander.

Yeah? I'd like to see than in action, won't last too long.

I'd also like to see some more heavy weapons - mustard spray pie, not only embarassing, but takes 'em out.:D

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
It's been working quite well for MONTHs so far.

PR&D has lots of stuff in mind:

For suppressing full combat you use merengue frothed with Latex. That'd slow anybody down. Who wants to make war while covered in sticky goo?:D

SPG

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 24, 2001
In the shadow of the Space Needle.
Thanks for some of the minor clarifications and threats of violence, but I have yet to see a coherent statement of position.
As a contrarian organization it seems difficult to claim to be open minded while your very organiztion has the word "anti" in it. Perhaps the "Campaign to Listen to the Zealots but Ultimately Make Up Our Own Minds" would be more appropriate.
The Pro Zealot Campaign is a contra-contrarian movement to embrace the fervor that allows people to get so fired up that they get red faced and spit while talking...a simple goal actually. By allowing the flame to burn hotter we believe that it will burn itself out quicker. Down with hearing both sides! Down with rational discussion! Dogma! Dogma! Dogma! Dogma!!!!!

Backtothemac

macrumors 601
Jan 3, 2002
San Destin Florida
Anti-zealot campaign statement....

Just a bunch of Mac loving people who are not so stupidly entrenced in our use of Mac's that we cannot see the bennifit to other operating systems, platforms, and the need to sleep with our wife, instead of playing Quake 3 when she is wearing the black teddy. We are also firmly against the PC Zealots who come here to do nothing but start uneducated flamewars for their kicks because they don't have wifes that wear black teddys. In addition to that we are fully armed and capable of defending all that which is Mac, with intellegence and dignity.

--
Assistant Buck Private of the Anti-zealot campaign.

P.S.
I know I am only a Buck Private, so I hope I don't get tried for breaking the chain of command. ;)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by SPG

The Pro Zealot Campaign is a contra-contrarian movement to embrace the fervor that allows people to get so fired up that they get red faced and spit while talking...a simple goal actually. By allowing the flame to burn hotter we believe that it will burn itself out quicker. Down with hearing both sides! Down with rational discussion! Dogma! Dogma! Dogma! Dogma!!!!!

Don't you just love it when we have nothing to discuss. Its like we're starving and starting to eat our own young....

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
Stand up straight when you say that Soldier.

Is that nose on crooked?!?

Boy, don't make me put you on oversize shoe polishing duty.

Now get in that Yugo with the rest of the Platoon!!!!!;) :D :eek: :confused: :rolleyes: :p :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.