PDA

View Full Version : Apple Store "Employee" Actually a Male Model!!!

brasscat
Jan 22, 2008, 11:01 AM
The self-professed black shirted "Apple Employee" that introduces the MacBook Air, and previously the Apple iPhone, is actually a male model. I caught his mug on the TD Ameritrade login (see photo, URL).

Probably not going to "see him at a Apple store" any time soon.

psychofreak
Jan 22, 2008, 11:02 AM
He does work at an Apple store.

arkitect
Jan 22, 2008, 11:03 AM
And does this surprise you? ;)

joefinan
Jan 22, 2008, 11:06 AM
He does work at an Apple store.

Do you actually, really, honestly know that?

Personally, I feel a bit cheated! Shame on you, John.

Cybergypsy
Jan 22, 2008, 11:08 AM
Good eye I dont even remember what my lawyer looks like......

thejadedmonkey
Jan 22, 2008, 11:15 AM
Do you actually, really, honestly know that?

Personally, I feel a bit cheated! Shame on you, John.

It's false advertising if he doesn't... I think.
Or defrauding the public. something.. they couldn't lie like that. Even if he only worked at an Apple store for a few minutes, I'm sure he did/does.

speakerwizard
Jan 22, 2008, 11:24 AM
there was a thread on peictures of this guy at work in an apple store, i think he was a manager, try a search, i definatley remember seeing it, maybe someone liked the vid and offered him a new job.

PlaceofDis
Jan 22, 2008, 11:28 AM
couldn't he have.... more than one job!?

sananda
Jan 22, 2008, 11:28 AM
a forum member met him working in an apple store, took and posted a photo and named the store.

chaos86
Jan 22, 2008, 11:40 AM
apple pays him to shoot those videos, so he's an apple employee.

TD ameritrade pays him to shoot photos for them, so he's their employee too.

big deal.

im beginning to think that the guy from the get a mac ads isnt really a mac. that other guy is definately a real PC though.

iSee
Jan 22, 2008, 11:54 AM
1. I think it's OK for an actor to play an employee for ads and other promotional material.

2. Few make a living as a full-time model or actor. So it's quite possible he has/had a day job at an Apple store.

3. Edit: Oh yeah, isn't his name in the videos "John Appleseed?" (Or something like that?) That alone should tip you off.

aosman
Jan 22, 2008, 12:02 PM
im beginning to think that the guy from the get a mac ads isnt really a mac. that other guy is definitely a real PC though.

I was thinking the same thing

balamw
Jan 22, 2008, 12:08 PM
a forum member met him working in an apple store, took and posted a photo and named the store.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=376315

B

joefinan
Jan 22, 2008, 12:18 PM
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=376315

B

So, in other words, he was paid to appear to be an employee at the Leopard launch at that store.

I think, if they specifically say that he works at an Apple store and he doesn't, that's a blatant lie and unnacceptable.

sananda
Jan 22, 2008, 12:21 PM
So, in other words, he was paid to appear to be an employee at the Leopard launch at that store.

from where do you get that information?

CashGap
Jan 22, 2008, 12:22 PM
I think, if they specifically say that he works at an Apple store and he doesn't, that's a blatant lie and unnacceptable.

Um... the thread says he does?

joefinan
Jan 22, 2008, 12:23 PM
Um... the thread says he does?

The thread says he does. Well, it must be true then.

Sambean
Jan 22, 2008, 12:26 PM
The self-professed black shirted "Apple Employee" that introduces the MacBook Air, and previously the Apple iPhone, is actually a male model. I caught his mug on the TD Ameritrade login (see photo, URL).

Probably not going to "see him at a Apple store" any time soon.

I too am a male model......:D but i do not work at an Apple Store....
www.sambean.com

CashGap
Jan 22, 2008, 12:26 PM
The thread says he does. Well, it must be true then.

Oh, gotcha! The thread says he does so he must not. Now I get it.

sananda
Jan 22, 2008, 12:28 PM
Oh, gotcha! The thread says he does so he must not. Now I get it.

i get it now too. and so we can now complain about how outrageous the lie is based on no-one reporting a lie.

CashGap
Jan 22, 2008, 12:52 PM
It's not the absence of the evidence but the seriousness of the charge that should motivate us.

LizKat
Jan 22, 2008, 01:29 PM
It's not the absence of the evidence but the seriousness of the charge that should motivate us.

Ah, right. And the National Enquirer is the living gospel.

Even if he isn't or wasn't a store employee, he could have been an Apple contract employee while he cut the ad. They'd have needed to put a non disclosure agreement in the deal with him.

CashGap
Jan 22, 2008, 01:49 PM
Ah, right. And the National Enquirer is the living gospel.

Even if he isn't or wasn't a store employee, he could have been an Apple contract employee while he cut the ad. They'd have needed to put a non disclosure agreement in the deal with him.

I was being sarcastic. The whole "Thread and photos indicate he works at an Apple store so we should assume he doesn't work at an Apple store" logic just gave me a chuckle.

gkarris
Jan 22, 2008, 02:28 PM
A lady I used to work with was also a professional voice actor that did a lot of large corporation's automated attendant announcements.

That was okay...

wordmunger
Jan 22, 2008, 02:39 PM
I too am a male model......:D but i do not work at an Apple Store....
www.sambean.com

Wow, and you registered six years ago and still a newbie. Do you only post on threads about male models?

Seriously though, nice pictures.

LizKat
Jan 22, 2008, 02:41 PM
I was being sarcastic. The whole "Thread and photos indicate he works at an Apple store so we should assume he doesn't work at an Apple store" logic just gave me a chuckle.

I kinda like the thread because it's a snapshot of how the 21st century seems to be going so far. "Whose truth, whose lies?" as Doug McLeod has it.

eswank
Jan 22, 2008, 02:46 PM
Like someone had posted already, he was at the Omaha, Village Pointe, Apple Store Leopard Release. Spoke to him for a few minutes and he seems pretty cool. Here's a pic that I took of Pete of GNMUG here in Omaha, NE and the Apple Guy.

http://lh3.google.com/eswank/RyOk-2XwzPI/AAAAAAAABjo/2695QaAkZcY/DSC_2272.JPG?imgmax=400

brasscat
Jan 22, 2008, 04:50 PM
I just confirmed that John does in fact work at an Apple store, but that they needed to dub in a different voice since John's voice is naturally raspy due to years of heavy drinking and cigar smoking.

The real voice is of this guy: http://tinyurl.com/2raeff

CashGap
Jan 22, 2008, 05:01 PM
SCOOP!

The self-professed black-shirted "CEO" of Apple, Steve Jobs, featured in Apple keynotes for years, is actually the largest individual stockholder of Walt Disney Company and a Board Member!

http://lekowicz.com/wren_forum/wp-content/imageposts/2006/10/steve_jobs_wds_cropped.jpg

sananda
Jan 22, 2008, 05:16 PM
SCOOP!

The self-professed black-shirted "CEO" of Apple, Steve Jobs, featured in Apple keynotes for years, is actually the largest individual stockholder of Walt Disney Company and a Board Member!

i'm shocked and chagrined. i think if they specifically say that he works at apple and he actually works at disney, that's a blatant lie and unacceptable.

i am sananda's misplaced sense of moral outrage.

brasscat
Jan 26, 2008, 12:34 AM
Another John spotted at my local Apple Store...

themadchemist
Jan 26, 2008, 01:00 AM
im beginning to think that the guy from the get a mac ads isnt really a mac. that other guy is definately a real PC though.

hahahahaha, except in real life, the guy who plays PC, John Hodgman, is awesome and fantastically funny.

twoodcc
Jan 26, 2008, 02:24 AM
nice find anyways. it doesn't really matter to me if he really works at an apple store or not though