PDA

View Full Version : IB3 created NSToolbars with Tiger...

guitarmaster18
Jan 30, 2008, 03:28 PM
Alright, I have a couple of questions

Will an app that contains an NSToolbar created with IB3 in leopard work on tiger?

If the above is not possible, would I be able to achieve the same effect if I used GenericToolbar with IB2 and then used the converter to convert it to IB3?

Thank You.

Eraserhead
Jan 30, 2008, 04:55 PM
No, you'll have to do it programmatically, see this (http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/mac/2002/03/15/cocoa.html) for how.

guitarmaster18
Jan 30, 2008, 05:15 PM
Alright, that's what I thought.

Thank You.

EDIT: I have just achieved the same effect by simply doing the interface in IB2 with generic toolbar. I had to create two different versions of the software, "Leopard" version and "Tiger version". The tiger version does not work on leopard and vice versa.

Eraserhead
Jan 30, 2008, 05:23 PM
I personally don't like that when downloading, so I'd stick with the Tiger method, it'll also be more maintainable, but its up to you :).

guitarmaster18
Jan 30, 2008, 05:44 PM
I personally don't like that when downloading, so I'd stick with the Tiger method, it'll also be more maintainable, but its up to you :).

Yeah, you're probably right. Plus, I really dislike the way the GenericToolbar works. It'd probably be easier to just to do it programmatically.

Thank You