Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darkpixie08

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
Recently setup a G4 mac mini to act as a media server and I have it connected to my 50" plasma tv. When I first started it up, it automatically set the resolution. Then when I went to change something in the system preferences I accidentally changed the display, and now it won't show up on my tv at all.

I tried hooking it up to another monitor to change the display, but that didn't work, as the list of possible display settings for the computer monitor are different then the ones for my tv. Is there anyway to change the resolution through the keyboard without being able to see the screen, or a way to reset the mac mini back to it's default settings? Thanks.

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
hhmm damn a spot of bother your in there.

uumm if u have a keyboard can u try to hit F7? i know that on laptops F7 changes the resolution, but im not to sure of on the mini, it probably wont work.

pacmania1982

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Birmingham, UK
Re:

Try starting the computer up in safe mode - turn it on pressing and holding shift, then change the screen resolution, then do a restart.

See how you get on with that

pac

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.