Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kabunaru

Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Please use this thread to post your MacBook Air colour calibration profiles. I am sure a lot of people would like to try some profiles on their MacBook Airs'.:)

TV Cameraman

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
One of the hardest calibrations I have done. I think it's because of the glossy screen, which varies greatly as you move your head up and down.

Don't know how to post results unless I re-run the calibration.

kabunaru

Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
One of the hardest calibrations I have done. I think it's because of the glossy screen, which varies greatly as you move your head up and down.

Don't know how to post results unless I re-run the calibration.

To upload the profile, choose Manage Attachments (little further down from Submit Reply), press Choose File and then press Upload.:)

TV Cameraman

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
What I meant was, I don't know how to get the calibration results to show up unless I re-run the calibration. Is there any way to see my color calibration file? Where is it in Leopard?

kabunaru

Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
What I meant was, I don't know how to get the calibration results to show up unless I re-run the calibration. Is there any way to see my color calibration file? Where is it in Leopard?

Try going to Macintosh HD/Library/ColorSync/Profiles and see what's in there.

TV Cameraman

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Sorry, guys. I looked in Macintosh HD/Library/ColorSync/Profiles and saw my file in there, but when I opened it in TextEdit it was just jibberish. I need more guidance. BTW, why is this information so important to you?

cls

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2008
Finland
Good calibration requires a colorimeter or spectrofotometer

Hi guys,

Getting a decent color profile requires using specialized hardware, such as the gretagmacbeth eyeOne display or Spyder 2. Typically laptops don't provide very good screens, at least not for professional use.

I have an i1 display, and will happily post a calibrated profile when I get my Air, hopefully before the 15th...

If anyone can provide a hardware calibrated display profile, as well as some information on how good the display is (deltas), I would love to read it!

Greetings from Finland!

Casper.

TV Cameraman

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I did my calibration by eye, and hence it obviously is subject to my personal preferences. I did notice that I had to adjust the gamma to its max level because the MBA seems to have hard time producing good blacks at the standard settings.

alpinadvl

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2008
I am interested this as well.

I did go thru some calibration already because my air screen had a yellow tinge to it (when compared to an LED macbook pro).

Not sure if others had the same subjective feeling as I did.

-alf

kanon14

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2008
Hong Kong
tofupancake, I'm now using your color prolife and it looks way better than the default one. The contrast is much better. Thanks!

instant hit

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2008
tofupancake, i think you hit it on the money! i was satisfied with the out-of-box settings, but this really makes it much easier on the eyes. i'm no longer blinded at max brightness while trying to read text on a white background -- basically the difference is night and day. overall, there is more definition than before.

thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.