PDA

View Full Version : Booting for Tiger

shreddog
Feb 3, 2008, 12:58 PM
I'm not a technical person so please excuse if this is an elementary question. My MBA is on it's way from Anchorage (can't wait) and I want to be ready for it when it arrives.

I currently connect to my work LAN through Cisco VPN. My IT group tells me that the Cisco VPN and/or the remote desktop software that I currently use is not compatible with Leopard. Can the MBA be bootable in either Leopard or Tiger?

Thanks.

dyerucf
Feb 3, 2008, 01:53 PM
As far as I am aware it will not work for MBA. You wont have any of the feature your need for the systems. No multi-touch, no Remote Disk, ect. You may be able to do it with VMWare but I wound not know where to begin.

heatmiser
Feb 3, 2008, 01:58 PM
I doubt you'll be able to get Tiger on an MBA for the same reason you can't on SR MBs: the graphics card has no Tiger drivers. In general, you can't run an OS older than the OS the laptop shipped with.

canucks-17
Feb 3, 2008, 02:00 PM
It won't be possible. X3100 drivers not available.

shreddog
Feb 3, 2008, 03:28 PM
OK thanks. I guess I have to get XP or Vista and use Bootcamp or Parallels.

:(

mcvaughan
Feb 3, 2008, 03:42 PM
I currently connect to my work LAN through Cisco VPN. My IT group tells me that the Cisco VPN and/or the remote desktop software that I currently use is not compatible with Leopard. Can the MBA be bootable in either Leopard or Tiger?

Thanks.

I use the Cisco IPsec VPN client on my MBP, running Leopard, with no problems. Your IT group is not in the know. :)

Edit: FYI, the version I'm sing is 4.9.01 (build 0080).

shreddog
Feb 4, 2008, 05:49 AM
Really? ok, that's encouraging. Can't wait to try it out.

It doesn't surprise me that my crack IT squad didn't know this.

Thanks!