PDA

View Full Version : Boot camp on air?

Scott6666
Feb 3, 2008, 03:18 PM
Anyone try boot camp yet?

Would be particularly interested in whether the new drivers for the trackpad support tapping the touchpad to generate a click in windows.

Hope that I don't get too many flames for wanting to have windows on a mac. I can guess what people on this board think of windows. I just have some legacy apps that must run. I'm a die hard tapper so I've avoided getting a MBP because the the tap to click has not yet worked.

Krevnik
Feb 3, 2008, 03:37 PM
Anyone try boot camp yet?

Would be particularly interested in whether the new drivers for the trackpad support tapping the touchpad to generate a click in windows.

Hope that I don't get too many flames for wanting to have windows on a mac. I can guess what people on this board think of windows. I just have some legacy apps that must run. I'm a die hard tapper so I've avoided getting a MBP because the the tap to click has not yet worked.

Trackpad support in Windows will be the same as you can get with the MBP/MB as it is the Air. The trackpads are perfectly capable of tapping, but the drivers need to be updated to support it.

asymvivastos
Apr 2, 2008, 05:54 PM
Trackpad support in Windows will be the same as you can get with the MBP/MB as it is the Air. The trackpads are perfectly capable of tapping, but the drivers need to be updated to support it.

what do you mean by updating the driver? where can i find the update. i just bought the mac air, tapping does not work. i am supposed to have the latest drivers on the system. thanks in advance for helping

Krevnik
Apr 2, 2008, 08:09 PM
what do you mean by updating the driver? where can i find the update. i just bought the mac air, tapping does not work. i am supposed to have the latest drivers on the system. thanks in advance for helping

There is no update that anyone here can download.

I was merely mention it is possible, but there would need to be a new update made available to enable it.

asymvivastos
Apr 6, 2008, 04:47 PM
There is no update that anyone here can download.

I was merely mention it is possible, but there would need to be a new update made available to enable it.

:-( i misunderstood. and hoped that you had found a way. it is very anoying nto to be able to tap when you know that it just need a driver that apple does yet not provide. lets hope... thanks anyway

n0de
Apr 6, 2008, 05:49 PM
By the way, the iSight driver is not updated in bootcamp for the MBA.

Check out post #3 on http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=463912
for details on how to get around this.