PDA

View Full Version : battery taking 8 hours to charge?

Khurram
Feb 4, 2008, 04:25 PM
during my first two full charges of the air it took over 8 hours to get a full charge from the battery. Is anyone else experiencing ultra long charge times?
I really hope this is only because the battery is new because i wont always have this much time to let it charge!
whats everyone else's experience with charging?

orthodoc
Feb 4, 2008, 06:35 PM
Yep, I am having this issue too. I posted about this in the "Official MacBook Air problems" thread. It did seem to get a little faster on my third charge. I called Apple Support and they suggested letting it drain completely and then recharging it to let the battery "calibrate". I am running the battery down now to try it again.

cedar
Feb 4, 2008, 06:42 PM
Mine charged in less than 3 hours. Hope that's not a bad sign.

ahaxton
Feb 4, 2008, 06:46 PM
Well I won't know until its time to recharge. I charged whatever was left to charge when I got it. Now I have been counting the hours of how long it is going to last during my normal usage.

dwsolberg
Feb 5, 2008, 08:56 AM
Of the three recent Apple notebooks I've purchased, every one of them had an extremely long first charge time. I think that's just the battery conditioning. Future charges should be the normal time.

elmo151
Feb 5, 2008, 02:03 PM
Of the three recent Apple notebooks I've purchased, every one of them had an extremely long first charge time. I think that's just the battery conditioning. Future charges should be the normal time.
agree

I left mine in the charger overnight. now trying to run the battery down to "0" :cool:

aiongiant
Feb 5, 2008, 06:24 PM
so i drained my battery down to 0... and now first charge
can i use it while it's doing it's first charge???

or should i just leave it and not touch or disconnect it from charging? or does it matter as long as i don't use battery power?

NAG
Feb 5, 2008, 06:49 PM
Yeah, when ever you get a laptop always drain the sucker down and then charge it back up to full. I have to admit that this is taking longer than usual though. Just make sure it is charging/you can use it.

ubercool
Feb 5, 2008, 06:56 PM
30% charged and two hours to go until full, so three hours to charge for about three hours of use. :cool: