Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sowillo14

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 14, 2007
I got offered an internship with a web design firm. They were looking for someone artistic, yet savvy with CS3. Went for my interview today, and got hired!! Woohoo!!

sowillo14

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 14, 2007
Wednesday!!! 9:00!! It's a really small firm, and I am the only intern, so this should be a great opportunity to learn. I'm looking forward to it. They do high dollar web sites for real-estate firms. They said I had a great presentation, and my portfolio showed a strong core talent that they would like to work with!

Wee Beastie

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2007
In the snow with Rosebud
Congrats... welcome to the world of working like a dog for almost no pay!! At least.. that's me.

haha this pretty much describes me too. OP don't be discouraged though...an internship is a good way to tell if you want to work in this field. And it should really help when you get out of school (assuming you are still in school...:)) If you're not...it's still a good thing.

beastieeeee

sowillo14

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 14, 2007
haha this pretty much describes me too. OP don't be discouraged though...an internship is a good way to tell if you want to work in this field. And it should really help when you get out of school (assuming you are still in school...:)) If you're not...it's still a good thing.

beastieeeee
Believe me man, I've been an artist since I could spell my name. I F'd off in high school, and dug ditches for the last eight years to save money to put myself through school. To have an opportunity to make money doing something that doesn't involve a shovel is great to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.