PDA

View Full Version : Blurry white dot. Defective LCD? Macbook

neith
Feb 8, 2008, 10:58 AM
My new macbook has what looks like a small blurry dot of increased brightness in the top left portion of the screen. It is visible on white and light coloured areas, but not on dark or black. I don't think it is a dead pixel or a stuck pixel.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

brandx
Feb 8, 2008, 11:23 AM
I have the same exact issue. Mine is on the left side in the middle.

AirmanPika
Feb 8, 2008, 11:28 AM
Yep had this same issue. Sent my Macbook Pro into apple for repair and they ended up sending me a whole new laptop as they could not get in any replacement LCDs.

neith
Feb 8, 2008, 11:46 AM
Should I be concerned enough to get this problem fixed by apple? I just got it a couple days ago... if the process takes a lot of time it would be a bother.

jblock
Feb 8, 2008, 03:33 PM
Should I be concerned enough to get this problem fixed by apple? I just got it a couple days ago... if the process takes a lot of time it would be a bother.

If it was only a couple of days ago that you bought it they should just exchange it.

AirmanPika
Feb 8, 2008, 04:26 PM

Exchange it if its within the return policy. It drove me nuts having to look at it.

Shannighan
Feb 8, 2008, 08:53 PM
i heard that these defects "just appear". i believe its due to uneven gel across a small area of the lcd.

will apple take them back as defected even after the 15 days?

AirmanPika
Feb 9, 2008, 04:00 AM
i heard that these defects "just appear". i believe its due to uneven gel across a small area of the lcd.

will apple take them back as defected even after the 15 days?

After 15 days its unlikely. You'll prolly have to send it in to get fixed.

tjcampbell
Feb 9, 2008, 04:38 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

Exchange it dude. Macs are very expensive and you have every right to be happy with your laptop.

neith
Feb 25, 2008, 07:47 AM
I took my macbook in to the apple store after making a reservation at the genius bar. They saw the flaw and offered to give me a brand new macbook, taking my hard drive from the 1st macbook and installing it in the new replacement so I wouldn't lose my stuff. Took only an hour.

Now that I'm home I've noticed a new problem >.<
The alignment of the lid is slightly off, it hangs to the right a little bit so it isn't flush when closed. It is a minor problem, but so was the dot.

Getting a perfect macbook is probably an unrealistic goal.