PDA

View Full Version : iPhone dialer hidden in iPod Touch

mgkumar
Feb 8, 2008, 02:12 PM
It seems that in firmware 1.1.3 on ipod touches there is a hidden dialer. If you are in the music screen, playing a song. You can double tap the home button to get to the dialer. You can dial, but not call. Anyone else get the same thing?

there's a video here:
http://www.lockergnome.com/digged/2008/01/31/iphone-dialer-hidden-inside-of-ipod-touch-113video-inside/#commentary

elcid
Feb 8, 2008, 02:16 PM
Nice useless easter egg. Maybe a Skype plugin someday.

thesdx
Feb 8, 2008, 02:16 PM
Didn't work on mine. I tried double-tapping the home button, and nothing happened.

PMB
Feb 8, 2008, 02:23 PM
same here. wonder if i was jailbroken at one point,and had the home button changed?

thesdx
Feb 8, 2008, 02:26 PM
same here. wonder if i was jailbroken at one point,and had the home button changed?

That wouldn't carry over to the 1.1.3 upgrade. When you restore an iPod, all data gets erased and it reinstalls the OS.

archurban
Feb 8, 2008, 02:41 PM
it's not happened to me. I think that it's only jailbreak version. when I saw his video, it looked like jailbreak.

iDAG
Feb 8, 2008, 02:50 PM
Just tried it and no luck at all...

hexonxonx
Feb 8, 2008, 03:03 PM
Apple just basically took the iPhone firmware and stuck it into the iPod Touch. There are reminders of this all over the place such as when you have the passcode lock on and enter the wrong code several times. It will lock up and tell you the iPhone is locked.

Syph
Feb 8, 2008, 03:05 PM
Apple just basically took the iPhone firmware and stuck it into the iPod Touch. There are reminders of this all over the place such as when you have the passcode lock on and enter the wrong code several times. It will lock up and tell you the iPhone is locked.

And when you dont lose signal on wifi while safari was trying to do something and it says Please connect to Edge or Wifi

Mac-Addict
Feb 8, 2008, 03:11 PM
Nope I dont have it..

safetyobc
Feb 8, 2008, 03:53 PM
If you go to http://www.springlets.com/ and click on the speed dial one, you'll get the dialer.

mgkumar
Feb 8, 2008, 03:58 PM
it's not happened to me. I think that it's only jailbreak version. when I saw his video, it looked like jailbreak.

I don't think it is jailbroken. It doesn't look like he has the installer app (at least not on the first page). The extra icons are the iPhone apps and then a couple of webpages.

Mine is jailbroken however. And I noticed it only works if you in cover flow mode or if you are looking at the cover art of a song.

buzzdennis
Feb 8, 2008, 05:40 PM
I actually had this happen to me once. However, I believe it is due to the fact that my ipod was jailbroken. After some research it would seem that the Nate True method of jailbreaking the iPod Touch (i.e. 1.1.1 directly to 1.1.3) uses the iPhone firmware instead of the iPod touch firmware. This is also causing many of the issues people are having with DRM iTunes music not playing back on jailbroken 1.1.3 who used this method.