PDA

View Full Version : Not prompted for Disk 2 via Superdrive reinstall

steffi
Feb 10, 2008, 12:08 PM
Something I found rather un-apple like was not being prompted for Disk 2 when reinstalling OSX.

It just spits out Disk 1 but doesn't explain why or what it wants next.

samh004
Feb 10, 2008, 12:14 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

Never big been asked bug most things are on DVD these days so there's only 1 disc.

Your posting in the MBA forum, do you intend to be?Perhaps if your installing through another machines drive the kinks haven't all been worked out.

matthewHUB
Feb 10, 2008, 12:16 PM
Something I found rather un-apple like was not being prompted for Disk 2 when reinstalling OSX.

mine did. it restarts, then says stick in disc 2.

duffyanneal
Feb 10, 2008, 12:26 PM

It depends if you need anything from the second disk. I did a clean install with no iLife apps and it did not ask for the second disk.

Halon X
Feb 10, 2008, 12:31 PM
I encountered the same issue doing my re-install. Was confident it was time to put in disk 2 (why else eject disk 1) but opened the install log just to be sure.

Ever minute or so a new line would append to the log, it wasn't finding something it needed but wasn't really clear on what exactly it needed.

Put in disk 2 and she was happy again!

steffi
Feb 10, 2008, 02:01 PM
Exactly how it went down for me

Message wasn't too clear

I encountered the same issue doing my re-install. Was confident it was time to put in disk 2 (why else eject disk 1) but opened the install log just to be sure.

Ever minute or so a new line would append to the log, it wasn't finding something it needed but wasn't really clear on what exactly it needed.

Put in disk 2 and she was happy again!

clayj
Feb 10, 2008, 02:11 PM
As someone who's done a couple of reinstalls on my MBA already... it is correct that you will NOT be prompted for Disk 2. When Disk 1 gets ejected, you should just go ahead and insert Disk 2, even if you are not prompted for it.