Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tominator

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
Hi Gang,

Been doing the "brain transfer" for most of the weekend and I must say that I am really impressed with this thing.

I was wondering how long it is taking for everyone's battery to charge?

It seems that mine takes quite a while, maybe 5 or 6 hours, though the charge does last a long time, about the same I would guess.

Any info would be appreciated.

Also, is there a particular method to calibrate this battery. I haven't found anything on the Apple site yet?

Best,

Tom

ahaxton

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2008
Let it drain out.

Also if you want to adjust your battery charging times. Takes me only a couple hours to charge the battery fully.

Do a SMU reset:

Shut down MBA
Unplug power adapter
Hold down left **** key, left control key, left option key and press the power button down once while holding down those keys
Let go, start up MBA.

cedar

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2008
Hi Gang,

Been doing the "brain transfer" for most of the weekend and I must say that I am really impressed with this thing.

I was wondering how long it is taking for everyone's battery to charge?

It seems that mine takes quite a while, maybe 5 or 6 hours, though the charge does last a long time, about the same I would guess.

Any info would be appreciated.

Also, is there a particular method to calibrate this battery. I haven't found anything on the Apple site yet?

Best,

Tom

If I got 5-6 hours out of a charge, I wouldn't be unhappy at all if it took that amount of time to charge.

ahaxton

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2008
I must have **** on my mind because its like the third time today I've posted **** instead of shift lol.

dahcheet

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2008
Harrisburg, PA
Just for future reference and an FYI. The process described is called "COPS" named so because the first letters of all the buttons pressed spell COPS (Control, Option, Power, ShiFt). A number of other posts mention COPS without stating explicitly what it is and I had no idea what they were talking about.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.