PDA

View Full Version : iFrame - G3 iBook Modded Digital Photo Frame

OrangeSVTguy
Feb 15, 2008, 11:37 PM
Well i took one of my iBook G3 600mhz tore it apart and fitted it to a picture frame. Painted the glass black from the back where the screen wouldn't fill. I think I might attach the DVD drive too, but will make it a little thicker.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k298/OrangeSVTguy/Stuff/4f1ba454.jpg
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k298/OrangeSVTguy/Stuff/b3353352.jpg

I will take some pictures of the back once I finish it. It's still all exposed. I'm making a custom box out of sheet metal that I will paint black to hide it better.

I will set up remote desktop and use VNC so I'll be able to control it from anywhere.

JWest
Feb 15, 2008, 11:40 PM
Hehe, sweet mod my friend. Now try it with something a little newer, like a Mac mini. Then you'll have the fastest picture frame on the block :P

ebel3003
Feb 16, 2008, 02:35 AM
I thought this would have to do with HTML. Very cool mod! Now if only there was a market for 600mhz G3 photo frames...

nazuk
Feb 16, 2008, 05:02 AM
I think you need to pay attention to that rug! I've never seen anything so yuk!! :p

OrangeSVTguy
Feb 19, 2008, 12:38 AM
I thought this would have to do with HTML. Very cool mod! Now if only there was a market for 600mhz G3 photo frames...
the ones that i've seen used the ibook clamshell. their max resolution is 800x600. the dual usb ones have a screen res of 1024x768 so it's much better for displaying pictures.
it's still worth $50 or so for just the parts if i wanted to sell it :p

I think you need to pay attention to that rug! I've never seen anything so yuk!! :p
yeah i know, it's the gf's ;) don't let her know i said that lol

i'm thinking of putting the powersuppy inside too. need to fine a broken/frayed one.
oh yeah i'll update the OP with new pics of front and back soon

a104375
Feb 21, 2008, 08:57 PM
Hehe, sweet mod my friend. Now try it with something a little newer, like a Mac mini. Then you'll have the fastest picture frame on the block :P

Most definitely would be the fastest photo frame! Man i have got to say that is THE coolest thing i have seen done with a mac..:D