PDA

View Full Version : Leopard and Adobe CS2 - your thoughts/experience on how they worked together

MacGirl1985
Feb 16, 2008, 12:22 PM
I'm in the process of upgrading to Leopard. I work in CS2 - (photoshop, indesign, adobe illustrator, go live) and not sure I want to bite the $699 upgrade price right this moment. (seeing that I just bought the original CS2 suite a little more than one year ago for around $1500.) I'd like to delay upgrading it for a few months or so. I just finished a large project, and now is a good time to do a major cleanup of my system.

Does anyone have any experience using these together? (10.5 and CS2)

Yes, I know that Adobe has a statement out there saying "CS2 has not been designed to work with Leopard", but I am interested to know what the real users have to say about it.

I'm certain CS3 is faster. I'm most interested to know if CS2 crashes a lot, is unworkable, incompatible, etc. I'm a freelance graphic designer. Most of the work I do is in illustrator and indesign. The photoshop work I do is on the simpler end, bringing in layered graphics to create .gif and jepg files for web sites, etc.

Thoughts?

sananda
Feb 16, 2008, 12:33 PM
i only use photoshop (out of the cs2 apps) and it's just fine with leopard. no crashing.