PDA

View Full Version : Found an AppleTV v2 Bug

Carlos E
Feb 16, 2008, 12:42 PM
I just got off a 2 hour call with Apple support. Even though there isn't iTunes Music store phone support after an hour and a half they eventually gave me to someone who works in the iTunes service department.

If you have an @aol.com email address as your Apple ID, you cannot log onto the iTunes store on the Apple TV. The technician told me it's a bug they did not come across during testing and they're working now trying to resolve it. He said they're not sure if it's on the server side or if it's the v2 firmware.

He said it looks like we'll be getting a 2.0.1 update very soon to resolve the issue.

Doctor Q
Feb 16, 2008, 01:35 PM
I'd love to hear the explanation once they figure it out.

theBB
Feb 16, 2008, 02:49 PM
Yes, it is the top AppleTV troubleshooting question on Apple forums:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=307459

It does not seem like they are planning to fix it. Their solution is converting aol accounts.

Carlos E
Feb 16, 2008, 06:06 PM
Yes, it is the top AppleTV troubleshooting question on Apple forums:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=307459

It does not seem like they are planning to fix it. Their solution is converting aol accounts.
That is the issue. I was on the phone with the department that converts the account. They tried and it did not work. The article posted is not working and that's what they're researching.

theBB
Feb 16, 2008, 08:29 PM
That is the issue. I was on the phone with the department that converts the account. They tried and it did not work. The article posted is not working and that's what they're researching.
Oh, I see. Double bug... :)

bergmef
Feb 16, 2008, 08:30 PM
I typed it in three times with no luck. Then with itunes on the Mac running, I logged into the itunes store (just to test it and make sure it was working and I had the right password). I looked up and damn if the apple tv didn't accept the last password attempt and allow me to rent a movie.

Give it a try, my fingers are crossed for ya. By the way, the rental looked great!! (HD)

Carlos E
Feb 16, 2008, 09:57 PM
I typed it in three times with no luck. Then with itunes on the Mac running, I logged into the itunes store (just to test it and make sure it was working and I had the right password). I looked up and damn if the apple tv didn't accept the last password attempt and allow me to rent a movie.

Give it a try, my fingers are crossed for ya. By the way, the rental looked great!! (HD)
Maybe it's fixed now. I tried at 11am.