PDA

View Full Version : Dead Pixel Recourse?

Kyprioth657
Feb 16, 2008, 08:23 PM
I bought my IPT back in October. I baby it very much, I don't bring it to school or anything, just leave it on my table next to my desk so that i can listen to music in bed. But still, I have 2 dead pixels and a number of stuck pixels that appear and disappear from time to time. Would a Mac Genius replace this? The back is scratchless.....thats how much I baby this thing. And I don't have to tell you guys that a dust particle could scratch that mirrory coating.

decksnap
Feb 16, 2008, 08:27 PM
On a 20" computer screen I would say no, but on a touch, I'd imagine they will exchange it for you.

MacDann
Feb 16, 2008, 08:35 PM
It would be interesting to know what Apple's response to this would be - they have a standard policy regarding displays and dead pixels - I don't recall the specifics, but it's a percentage of the total number of pixels that have to be defective before they will consider replacement.

I have a 20" iMac that has two bad pixels on it. I contacted Apple about it and they referred me to the policy. I suspect you can find it on their support Web site.

MacDann

Broomhead.ifone
Feb 16, 2008, 08:36 PM
Test for dead pixel Here (http://iphonedpt.awardspace.com/) and try a pixel-unsticker Here (http://www.ebaspace.com/iphone-app/repair.html). Good luck:)

Kyprioth657
Feb 16, 2008, 08:40 PM
I talked to their telephone support line, and he said that for all screens under 22", apple will replace it. I made sure to get the guy's name. Think that would help?

Muncher
Feb 16, 2008, 09:09 PM
I talked to their telephone support line, and he said that for all screens under 22", apple will replace it. I made sure to get the guy's name. Think that would help?

Generally, if you take it into an apple store, and be polite to the customer service, they might bend the rules a bit and swap it. (I've read mixed reviews, guess it depends on the manager).

Adeux
Feb 17, 2008, 08:09 PM
I actually just called apple 10 minutes ago about two dead pixels myself, and said the apple store closest to me would replace it under warranty. I was pretty relieved after seeing some of the responses in this thread :eek: