PDA

View Full Version : Mac Mini gets stuck on Apple Logo

Jeremy1026
Feb 16, 2008, 08:25 PM
I have a 2nd gen Mac Mini that when booting chimes and goto the Apple logo with the circle below it. I tried once, let it go for about 10minutes before holding in the power button and trying again. It's been at this point for about 30minutes. Anyone have any ideas? (More info on my Mini in my sig)

CJRhoades
Feb 16, 2008, 08:31 PM
Doesn't sound to good. Did you try booting up with your leopard disc inserted? You might have to re-install os x.

Cave Man
Feb 16, 2008, 08:34 PM
Boot from your Leopard/Tiger DVD/CD, then run Disk Utility and do a Repair Disk. As CJ says, you may have to do a reinstall. Bummer for you.

cohibadad
Feb 16, 2008, 08:40 PM
My old Powermac did that once. Needed a PRAM reset.

macdoobie
Feb 16, 2008, 08:43 PM
Simply Apples way of saying: APPLE, we're here to stay.:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

CJRhoades
Feb 16, 2008, 08:46 PM
My old Powermac did that once. Needed a PRAM reset.
Wow, I can't believe I forgot about that. Absolutely try a PRAM reset before anything else.

Jeremy1026
Feb 16, 2008, 08:59 PM
PRAM reset is Cmd+Option+P+R?

Edit - Did it, boots slights faster (bout 5minutes to get to the desktop, + load time for the desktop.) Is it just dieing?

dantlis
Jul 26, 2009, 10:58 AM
Okay, similar to other users here, my iMac is stuck on the apple logo, but WITHOUT the rotating cursor. It just sits there till after a min or 2, then reboots itself with the bong, and pops back to the logo till it reboots again. Yes I may to reinstall everything with the OS cds, however, I already have a cd inside which my keyboard won't let me eject. Should the keyboard be able to work during booting up?
My appreciation to whoever can help.

dubhe
Jul 26, 2009, 11:57 AM
to eject your CD trying holding down the left mouse button (usb cabled mouse) at startup.

zmttoxics
Jul 27, 2009, 10:30 AM
Sounds like harddrive issues.

iLog.Genius
Jul 27, 2009, 10:33 AM
Most likely hardware problems but you could also try to repair permissions, repair the disc and run the Apple hardware test.

killerrobot
Jul 27, 2009, 10:38 AM
Did / do you have an external HD plugged in when it hangs at the Apple?

My MBP hangs at the Apple if my external is connected and powered on - I guess it's looking for a boot system on the external instead of the internal HD.