PDA

View Full Version : Chances of a MacBook update?

PowerFullMac
Feb 17, 2008, 12:53 PM
There are now rumors of a MacBook Pro update, but what do you think the chances are of a update to the normal MacBook?

bakerster
Feb 17, 2008, 01:15 PM
little to none, the macbooks were recently updated in november.

look for a late summer update.

Pees330
Feb 17, 2008, 01:29 PM
Not any time soon. I would say May at the earliest.

CalBoy
Feb 17, 2008, 02:08 PM
look for a late summer update.

Naw, they'll see a speed bump before June (when the iPod deal for students starts).

I think early May is a good bet based on previous years. I doubt we'll see anything new (probably a minor speed bump and an HD/RAM boost). Last May was similar as well (the C2D macbooks got a speed bump and the base model got more RAM).

iSovereign
Feb 17, 2008, 05:57 PM
i hope apple decides to make the new macbooks with aluminum. oh yea:)

cudo
Feb 17, 2008, 06:14 PM
im rather passive user of this forum, namely i do read more and post less but there has been 50 threads or so on this within the last week :D

Techguy172
Feb 17, 2008, 06:20 PM
It isn't likely to happen for a while there isn't anything to update it to yet just be patient.

krewelement394
Feb 17, 2008, 07:37 PM
ok.. im hoping that they do not make a new macbook uintill another few months like 4 or 5!
im getting a macbook soon so it will just suck if i get the macbook and tehn a few days/weeks/months later they take out a new one!
but...did they not already bearly take out a new mac...mac book air./...:apple:

benjaminbr
Feb 18, 2008, 04:53 PM
I hope they use the LED backlights in the next update. Are there online comparisons between the lifetimes of LED and CCFLs?

PowerFullMac
Feb 26, 2008, 09:57 AM
You were all WRONG!

Pwned by Apple lol...

Horay! MacBook update!

sushi
Feb 26, 2008, 09:58 AM
You were all WRONG!

Pwned by Apple lol...

Horay! MacBook update!
I would say, probably today.

Oh darn, hindsight is always the best. :)

CalBoy
Feb 26, 2008, 10:21 AM
Oh darn, hindsight is always the best. :)

You know what they say, hindsight vision is always in 20/20. :)

Nonetheless, I am shocked with today's update. The macbook traditionally would have been updated in 2 or 3 months. There was really no reason to bring to "par" with the macbook pro.

What will the Buyer's Guide look like now! :eek::p