PDA

View Full Version : Panther Dock bug

FredAkbar
Oct 26, 2003, 11:00 PM
When I have a folder in the Dock (such as my Applications folder), and I right-click on it to see its contents, and I select one of the apps in it, obviously that app is supposed to open. But instead, it just opens a Finder window with that app highlighted. This is definitely new to Panther, and I'm not sure if it's been going on since I installed it on Thursday (the 23rd, got it a day early), but certainly for the last day or two at least.

Anyone else have this problem?

snickelfritz
Oct 27, 2003, 02:39 AM
Try left-click-hold; choose the app from the list.
Quicktime player ran on my setup.

GL

FredAkbar
Oct 27, 2003, 08:15 AM
Nope, same thing happens :(. Could it be from something I installed? I didn't really do any major installs of programs though...hmm...

iEric
Oct 27, 2003, 08:32 AM
The problem with my dock was that it didn't even show up cause it was freezing.
To fix it, I removed all Modifiers.
Do you have modifiers? If you do, get rid of them.
2ndly, try to Repair the Permissions. Maybe that will work.

FredAkbar
Oct 29, 2003, 11:15 PM
I don't have Dock modifiers, but the problem is solved. A simple restart was all that was needed. I hadn't restarted since I first installed Panther (6 days ago), which is a while for me. Thanks for the help, guys.

apple_iBoy
Oct 30, 2003, 12:46 AM
I've had the same problem when I've tried to set up a mouse button to carry out an expose function. I have a Wacom tablet with mouse, and I tried to set it up so that a click on the scroll wheel would show all my open windows. It worked -- for a few clicks. But then it got all messed up, and clicking on items in the dock resulted in showing their locations in the Finder (like if you were Command-clicking the apps). It seems that setting my mouse button to do Expose somehow got my Command button locked on.

This happened to me twice. After the second time, I took the Expose function off the mouse button, and everything has been normal since then.

iPC
Oct 30, 2003, 01:17 AM
works fine for me. and i have cleardock running.

FredAkbar
Oct 30, 2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by apple_iBoy
clicking on items in the dock resulted in showing their locations in the Finder (like if you were Command-clicking the apps)
Hey thanks, I didn't know about that Command-click shortcut!

Schiffi
Oct 31, 2003, 12:05 AM
My Wacom works fine with Exposť

Powerbook G5
Oct 31, 2003, 12:33 AM
Yeah, when I first booted into Panther, I had all kinds of problems. I was seriously upset, considering I had waited all this time for Panther and I counted a dozen bugs within a minute of using 10.3, but then I had the bright idea of doing a fresh restart and amazingly everything was golden afterwards. It just seems that Panther needs to have a good restart after being installed to get all the kinks out.