PDA

View Full Version : Ah yes...surfing the web...

Bonesone4
Feb 19, 2008, 09:59 AM
I know this is only doable if u more or less "jailbreak" the ATV like people have done with their iPod touches...but how sweet itll be when apple actually does make this a legit feature. This link goes out to the fella who said something like "...are we even going to remember the apple tv existed a year from now?"

The answer is a big yes. And like I said before. Apple is molding a lifestyle people. The apple tv is just another check mark to put up on the board. When are they coming out with an actual TV? Hell....a car?????? :) far fetched I know

http://www.appletvhacks.net/2008/02/...now-available/

Bones

JonHimself
Feb 19, 2008, 09:04 PM
I'd love to see a video of someone using the appletv version of Safari.

iBallz
Feb 19, 2008, 10:26 PM
And it seems Google is always one step behind them.:(

John.B
Feb 20, 2008, 01:02 AM
FWIW, "typing" with the :apple:tv remote isn't much improved over "typing" with the Wiimote (Wii remote). For Safari surfing to be worthwhile someone is going to have to figure out how to get keyboard/mouse input. Unfortunately, the :apple:tv lacks bluetooth -- though there is that mysterious USB port in the back.

Bonesone4
Feb 20, 2008, 08:06 AM
FWIW, "typing" with the :apple:tv remote isn't much improved over "typing" with the Wiimote (Wii remote). For Safari surfing to be worthwhile someone is going to have to figure out how to get keyboard/mouse input. Unfortunately, the :apple:tv lacks bluetooth -- though there is that mysterious USB port in the back.

hmmmmm...i wonder what that usb port is for????????? I wonder if apple has been planning something like this the whole time?????? hhmmmmmm..... :)

Bonesone4
Feb 20, 2008, 08:08 AM

Yea my one gripe about the atv is its really crude way of typing. it takes forever....they should come out with some sort of remote that is shaped kind of like a phone with a keypad. Make it look just like the front row remote, but then u can either slide it up, or flip it up to reveal a small keyboard for typing....now that.....that would be cool

cgray24
Feb 20, 2008, 08:27 AM
I'd love to see a video of someone using the appletv version of Safari.

http://www.appletvhacks.net/2008/02/19/safari-hd-screen-shots-and-video/

mindcrash
Feb 20, 2008, 09:45 AM
How can I install this on an :apple:TV already updated to Take2?

I've searched and searched but can't seem to find the answer.

Thanks!