Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peapody

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Just spent 1.5 hours on the phone with Apple customer support trying to get a new battery for my powerbook. I called in 10 days ago to get the order in to get a new battery replacement, they said its on its way and should get there within 5-9 business days. Turns out the order never went through. Hence the 1.5 hour phone call, and 10 days to get a battery replacement for a potentially exploding battery.

Apple said that the online form is not working, and that they had to make a customer satisfaction order for me. So I guess this post is for people who recently acquired a secondhand powerbook like me with a bum battery...the powerbook/ibook battery recall is still in effect, but you must call into apple support.

animalcaracker

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2008
website/support

The website wouldn't let me past the serial number question because my warranty has expired. I couldn't find anywhere to send an e-mail. The 24/7 customer phone line transfers to a message "call back between 6-6pm pacific".
My charger fried, and likely ruined my battery.
My 4x Super Drive has never successfully burned a disc.
Safari crashes when using Adobe Flash.
MacBook 2.0, 13", 1.1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.