PDA

View Full Version : What program would you make first?

LtRammstein
Feb 20, 2008, 12:12 PM
A bunch of Apple fanbois and I always talk about if the SDK were to be released today, what would be the first program(s) you would make natively on it?

I would first try and make these (in this order):

SSH Client
Pong
Remote (For the entire computer PC or Mac)

What would be yours?

MrT8064
Feb 20, 2008, 12:14 PM
use my iPhone to take photos with my Macs iSight, and stream them over the interweb to my iphone anyware in the world!!

kainjow
Feb 20, 2008, 01:18 PM
I've already got a list of 3 apps I will be working on asap, but I'm not sharing until I have something I can release :D

jeremy.king
Feb 20, 2008, 01:50 PM
MacSaber! duh!

Eraserhead
Feb 20, 2008, 02:19 PM
SSH Client.

kainjow
Feb 20, 2008, 02:20 PM
If Apple doesn't add a way to play music as an alarm, I'll write an app to do that.

MacDonaldsd
Feb 20, 2008, 02:37 PM
I've already got a list of 3 apps I will be working on asap, but I'm not sharing until I have something I can release :D

il be expect amazing things from you kainjow :D

If you think of a little application to design, how can you check whether its names is unique, other than using version tracker, google etc ?

kainjow
Feb 20, 2008, 02:41 PM
If you think of a little application to design, how can you check whether its names is unique, other than using version tracker, google etc ?

There's not a lot you can do. Googling is the best bet since that is what most people will do. I usually make up weird words or combinations of words, or pick something completely unrelated.

MacDonaldsd
Feb 20, 2008, 02:43 PM
That is what I thought.

Most of the good names are taken though :(

kainjow
Feb 20, 2008, 02:44 PM
That is what I thought.

Most of the good names are taken though :(

There are a lot of good names that are used for other operating systems, but not for the Mac/iPhone. I consider those available :)

swither
Feb 20, 2008, 02:57 PM
A bunch of Apple fanbois and I always talk about if the SDK were to be released today, what would be the first program(s) you would make natively on it?

I would first try and make these (in this order):

SSH Client
Pong
Remote (For the entire computer PC or Mac)

What would be yours?

I already have all those three applications running on my iPhone =P