PDA

View Full Version : "This application requires you type your password."

quinny61994
Feb 20, 2008, 07:41 PM
I need my AppleScript Studio application to retrieve a user's password because the AppleScripts I am running require user authentication from the terminal. Any ideas? I'd like to get that pull-down dialog in apps like OnyX and TechTool Deluxe. Anyone know what I mean, at least?

TEG
Feb 20, 2008, 07:47 PM
Look into Keychain access. The Keychain is an awesome Apple utility that stores passwords, and you have them automatically assigned to your app. Also you can turn on a special Keychain menu by accessing Keychain Access in Applications->Utilities.

TEG

quinny61994
Feb 20, 2008, 07:49 PM
Any idea how I would go about doing that?

TEG
Feb 20, 2008, 07:54 PM
No. But I suspect that either someone else here would or on the ADC forums. I'd also think that something may also be included with XCode Help.

TEG

quinny61994
Feb 20, 2008, 08:01 PM
There really aren't any ADC forums, that's why I turned here. Thanks TEG, I'll try a mailing list or something.

mduser63
Feb 21, 2008, 12:49 AM
There really aren't any ADC forums, that's why I turned here. Thanks TEG, I'll try a mailing list or something.

The Apple mailing lists are often very helpful. There is one called applescript-users that is probably relevant.

Cromulent
Feb 21, 2008, 03:02 AM
If you didn't know they are located at http://lists.apple.com and really are very useful indeed.