PDA

View Full Version : Mac vs. PC sync question

IgnatiusTheKing
Feb 21, 2008, 10:05 AM
When I got my touch in the mail, I was at work, where I (sadly) have a PC. Not wanting to wait to play with it, I plugged it into my PC and did the initial setup, but didn't sync anything to it. When I got home, I plugged it into my iMac and synced everything to it.

So my question is, did hooking it up to a PC initially do anything different to it than hooking it up to a Mac would have (like using more/less memory)? If so, is there any way to undo it?

I'm not having any problems, I'm just curious. Thanks.

scr1968
Feb 21, 2008, 10:06 AM
When I got my touch in the mail, I was at work, where I (sadly) have a PC. Not wanting to wait to play with it, I plugged it into my PC and did the initial setup, but didn't sync anything to it. When I got home, I plugged it into my iMac and synced everything to it.

So my question is, did hooking it up to a PC initially do anything different to it than hooking it up to a Mac would have (like using more/less memory)? If so, is there any way to undo it?

I'm not having any problems, I'm just curious. Thanks.

PC or Mac...it should not matter.

You can always restore your Touch from within iTunes if you want.

SCR

sgtboy
Feb 21, 2008, 10:55 AM
Yea it doesnt matter, hope you enjoy your new touch

IgnatiusTheKing
Feb 21, 2008, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the answers. I didn't think it really mattered by I read somewhere (can't remember where now) that PCs/Macs format the touch differently, so that got me thinking about it...

TuffLuffJimmy
Feb 21, 2008, 10:24 PM
Thanks for the answers. I didn't think it really mattered by I read somewhere (can't remember where now) that PCs/Macs format the touch differently, so that got me thinking about it...

It formats all ipods except the iPhone and iPod touch differently pending on PC or Mac.