PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone get TV Shows from ATV to computer?

ob81
Feb 22, 2008, 04:20 PM
I downloaded some TV episodes that I purchased with my ATV. They are on my ATV HD. I can't seem to transfer these files to my iMac. The current update, and even the previous one, specifically states that you can transfer purchased shows/movies, effortlessly from your ATV to your iTunes library.

Am I missing something? Is anyone able to do this?

gavd
Feb 22, 2008, 04:31 PM
I don't think you're missing anything as I it should just happen automatically. I've not bought anything myself, but what I've read suggests it syncs without you needing to do anything.

FreeState
Feb 22, 2008, 06:13 PM
I downloaded some TV episodes that I purchased with my ATV. They are on my ATV HD. I can't seem to transfer these files to my iMac. The current update, and even the previous one, specifically states that you can transfer purchased shows/movies, effortlessly from your ATV to your iTunes library.

Am I missing something? Is anyone able to do this?

If its not transfered back automatically and you want it transfered, right click on the AppleTV icon under devices in iTunes - that will present you with an option to sync back purchases.

ob81
Feb 22, 2008, 07:55 PM
If its not transfered back automatically and you want it transfered, right click on the AppleTV icon under devices in iTunes - that will present you with an option to sync back purchases.

I did that also prior to posting, and I only get the option to turn on/off syncing. Are you seeing the sync option when you right click?

FreeState
Feb 22, 2008, 08:10 PM
I did that also prior to posting, and I only get the option to turn on/off syncing. Are you seeing the sync option when you right click?

Yes I get the options - I think you have your computer set up to stream only - it has to sync at least one category in order to sync back purchased content from the AppleTV.

ob81
Feb 22, 2008, 08:36 PM
Yes I get the options - I think you have your computer set up to stream only - it has to sync at least one category in order to sync back purchased content from the AppleTV.

Yes, you are correct, I do have stream only for my ATV. I will change that when I get home. Thanks.

I guess Apple wants me to buy the 160gb
:(

FreeState
Feb 22, 2008, 09:42 PM
Yes, you are correct, I do have stream only for my ATV. I will change that when I get home. Thanks.

I guess Apple wants me to buy the 160gb
:(

I recommend just syncing some of your images - then everything else in your library shows up under the "Your Xxxx" like it is stored on the device - even though its streamed - no reloading synced libraries etc - its one of my favorite things about Take2. I have the 40gb and would stick with the 40gb even though I have over a Terabyte of iTunes multi media now:)