PDA

View Full Version : Nothing will mount on Powermac G5????

mocman
Feb 25, 2008, 06:08 PM
I just reinstalled tiger and now need to start installing my other apps. I get the failed to mount on everything including stuff that I download. I have repaired permissions and rebooted to no avail. I even went as far to try install Leopard and states need essentials??:mad:.........Any Suggest???? Thanks MC

andy.barron
Feb 25, 2008, 06:11 PM
Sounds bad, can you re-format?

mocman
Feb 25, 2008, 06:31 PM
this is a format and reinstall of tiger.....I tried to install Leopard but always got the can not verify essentials.............

andy.barron
Feb 26, 2008, 01:28 PM
it is leaning toward hardware.... Do you have an external/internal hd you could try it with to eliminate the costlier elements

mocman
Feb 26, 2008, 01:44 PM
well installed tiger again last nite and all seems to be fine as of now. The only thing I can figure is that I did not reformat after getting the essential error on the leopard side. I read alot about a memory issue causing that and took the added memory out to no avail. I also have a different superdrive in there and think that may be the problem but oh well. Just got frustrated about the leopard deal and went back to tiger............thanks for the advice.....MC