PDA

View Full Version : Macbook Pro...Should I wait?

fiftyfour123
Feb 26, 2008, 03:06 PM
I have been waiting for an update to the macbook pro since last spring. Since then it has basically been the same. I have read that this is just a small update, and something better is on the way. One of the things i was waitng for was a multi-touch display. Since that it probably not happening anytime soon, i'm ready to get one. But will it only be a few months before the next update. Or will it be a while. Like at WWDC 08 or something?

colinmack
Feb 26, 2008, 03:09 PM
I wouldn't hold my breath for a multi-touch display, but I think the current MBP design is "past it's best before date"...

I would guess there will be a broader case/design update later this year (the Intel roadmap seems to imply that), but like anything else - if you need it now, buy it now.

juanm
Feb 26, 2008, 03:09 PM
No, please... :(

If you need it now, get one, and be happy for the next ten months until when it's released. If you don't need it, you might as well wait and complain like this for months and months. There will always be somthing newer and better around the corner.

Kilamite
Feb 26, 2008, 03:10 PM
Last update was over 200 days ago. You're safe to buy one now. Next update won't be for 4-6 months I'd guess.

basesloaded190
Feb 26, 2008, 03:14 PM
i can't believe people are wondering if they should wait or buy one now:eek:

fiftyfour123
Feb 26, 2008, 07:00 PM
i can't believe people are wondering if they should wait or buy one now:eek:

why are you saying that?

I don't really need it. I just want it. My emac is starting to slowly get slower and slower, so i think it is time for an upgrade. I think i'll sleep on it tonight and see what i think in the morning. I also want to see what other people have to say.

catfish743
Feb 26, 2008, 07:11 PM
I dont think a multitouch display will come in the next 6 months. A year maybe, but it will most likely be ridiculously expensive. Wait if you must, but I'd got with a macbook pro for now.

Techguy172
Feb 26, 2008, 07:13 PM
Just buy now you will be waiting forever if you don't and you will be anxious to get one.

GCY
Feb 26, 2008, 07:21 PM
A new design is def. on its way. I could see that happening in 4 months at WWDC.

fiftyfour123
Feb 26, 2008, 08:03 PM
A new design is def. on its way. I could see that happening in 4 months at WWDC.

yeah, i strongly agree. What i think i may do is buy the current macbookpro and then when i graduate high school, i'll get the new one (if it's any better) as a gift, and sell my old (future) one. by the way, i'm a junior in high school now.

basesloaded190
Feb 26, 2008, 08:05 PM
why are you saying that?

I don't really need it. I just want it. My emac is starting to slowly get slower and slower, so i think it is time for an upgrade. I think i'll sleep on it tonight and see what i think in the morning. I also want to see what other people have to say.

they just frikin updated them, if you need it get if not wait till you do need it or get what you want..