PDA

View Full Version : Dell XPS m1330 and Blackbook

angrygolfer
Feb 27, 2008, 07:37 PM
so I had posted on another thread last week when the MBP and MB forums were merged. Someone postedasking if they should get a Dell XPS m1330 or MBP (or MB... not sure which). I had posted in that thread that I recently purchased a dell m1330 and I absolutely loved it. I got beat up a little which I knew would happen.

Well you'll be happy to know that I have decided to return the Dell and I am currently typing this on my brand spanking new Blackbook.

I concede that it is much nicer then the Dell. This is by far not my first mac but I took a break from them for a bit and I am glad I'm back in Black (mac).

Shackler
Feb 27, 2008, 08:08 PM
im soo glad to see a thread like this because i was considering the Dell XPS

xraydoc
Feb 27, 2008, 08:56 PM
Tell me (us) why you think the MacBook is better than the m1330.

angrygolfer
Feb 28, 2008, 08:22 AM
Tell me (us) why you think the MacBook is better than the m1330.

It's just built better. Feels more sturdy, nicer keyboard. O/S is all preference so I'm not going to go down the road of which O/S is "better". again that's preference.

Roba
Feb 29, 2008, 04:41 AM
I have a XPS M1330 and i have seen a MB i don't think that the MB looks better at all. I don't really like the plastic looks of the MB.

Anyway i might be getting a MB as well. Dell upset me over something and it led to me just asking for a refund and they said i could get one like nearly 5 months after i purchased my laptop.
I paid nearly 1,200 but i got credit back as delays so i am not sure of the final amount but it should be over 1,050 (although everything actually cost me 955. Dell caused me to go overdrawn by taking money from my bank that they should not have and i got my bank fees back and in the end my bank gave me my fees back so i discounted the amount from my final cost.)

I could get a student (i would not consider doing this if I was paying the full rrp) middle model MB with the 3 year warranty plus remote for 773. I have a 250GB already at home that i could use. I could also download a free word processing tool to save money i bought iWork before and i don't think it was all that great so i won't pay out for it again. I should be able to save about 250 by downgrading.

My notebook has a LED screen, Vista Ultimate, 8400GS, Fingerprint reader, 4GB of ram, 250GB HD, 4 year at home warranty, the Pearl White lid and the T7500 processor. Selling now a 5 month old computer that has been refreshed might put me a bit of a loss if i was to sell it but not that much of a loss on the 955 i actually ended up paying. I would be maybe wise though to take the full money (the refund) now and run lol.

A 13 MBP would be more ideal for me but i could live with the integrated graphics i think. The express card and the HDMI port although excellent features i am yet to use on this notebook.

The slightly heavier weight 4.1lbs verse 5lbs for the MB weight although i would prefer it to be lighter i could live with that.

I will miss the LED screen also but i can live with it.

I like both operating systems and having both i think is ideal really if you can live with the hardware. I have used Tiger and Panther but not Leopard and that does intrigue me.

I prefer the looks of the XPS M1330. The hardware bar the processor maybe is clearly better on the XPS M1330 i own (Dell are now using Penryn) but i like i said i could live with the MB. The ram on the MB i can uprgade cheaply by buying it elsewhere. The money i could get back would be welcome although i think i will feel a bit sad also to see this notebook go even though it maybe the most wise strude thing to do.

angrygolfer
Feb 29, 2008, 08:17 AM
I have a XPS M1330 and i have seen a MB i don't think that the MB looks better at all. I don't really like the plastic looks of the MB.

Anyway i might be getting a MB as well. Dell upset me over something and it led to me just asking for a refund and they said i could get one like nearly 5 months after i purchased my laptop.
I paid nearly 1,200 but i got credit back as delays so i am not sure of the final amount but it should be over 1,050 (although everything actually cost me 955. Dell caused me to go overdrawn by taking money from my bank that they should not have and i got my bank fees back and in the end my bank gave me my fees back so i discounted the amount from my final cost.)

I could get a student (i would not consider doing this if I was paying the full rrp) middle model MB with the 3 year warranty plus remote for 773. I have a 250GB already at home that i could use. I could also download a free word processing tool to save money i bought iWork before and i don't think it was all that great so i won't pay out for it again. I should be able to save about 250 by downgrading.

My notebook has a LED screen, Vista Ultimate, 8400GS, Fingerprint reader, 4GB of ram, 250GB HD, 4 year at home warranty, the Pearl White lid and the T7500 processor. Selling now a 5 month old computer that has been refreshed might put me a bit of a loss if i was to sell it but not that much of a loss on the 955 i actually ended up paying. I would be maybe wise though to take the full money (the refund) now and run lol.

A 13 MBP would be more ideal for me but i could live with the integrated graphics i think. The express card and the HDMI port although excellent features i am yet to use on this notebook.

The slightly heavier weight 4.1lbs verse 5lbs for the MB weight although i would prefer it to be lighter i could live with that.

I will miss the LED screen also but i can live with it.

I like both operating systems and having both i think is ideal really if you can live with the hardware. I have used Tiger and Panther but not Leopard and that does intrigue me.

I prefer the looks of the XPS M1330. The hardware bar the processor maybe is clearly better on the XPS M1330 i own (Dell are now using Penryn) but i like i said i could live with the MB. The ram on the MB i can uprgade cheaply by buying it elsewhere. The money i could get back would be welcome although i think i will feel a bit sad also to see this notebook go even though it maybe the most wise strude thing to do.

I agree that the m1330 "looks nicer" but when you handle an MB and then you handle the Dell you can definately tell that the MB is just higher quality.