PDA

View Full Version : Can I sync notes between Mail and iPod touch?

ChrisBrightwell
Feb 28, 2008, 04:31 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm pretty sure that this is a feature on the iPhone, but I can't figure out how to do it on my iPod touch. Am I missing a magical checkbox somewhere, or is this feature just not available to iPod touch users?

Thanks. :)

ChrisBrightwell
Feb 28, 2008, 02:29 PM
Anyone? I've been searching off and on throughout the day, but can't find anything definitive.

dagored
Feb 28, 2008, 02:33 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm pretty sure that this is a feature on the iPhone, but I can't figure out how to do it on my iPod touch. Am I missing a magical checkbox somewhere, or is this feature just not available to iPod touch users?

Thanks. :)

If you mean, go back and forth, no. You can send a note to your email. Look at this - may help:

http://www.ecamm.com/mac/megaphone/

ChrisBrightwell
Feb 28, 2008, 02:38 PM
If you mean, go back and forth, no.

That's just stupid.

What good is a notepad if I can't make a note (say ... a shopping list) on my Mac, sync it to my iPod, and take it with me?!

/me makes a feature request.

dagored
Feb 28, 2008, 02:50 PM
You can with the app I linked you to.

riclaso
May 29, 2008, 06:49 PM
You cannot... I know... see:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1386

dagored
May 29, 2008, 06:55 PM
The OP wants to make a note on his Mac and sync it with his Touch. I told him that would not work, but that he could make notes on the Mac and move (sync) them with the program now called PhoneView.

Works great.

nielsdaj
Jul 13, 2008, 03:45 PM
I agree that PhoneView(a bit pricey in my view) does allow you to sync Notes(and many, many other things I don't need) but it is not slick in that it has to reboot your iPhone/iPod Touch to do it. Surely some one will come up with a simple app that just allows one to--well--sync Notes. :-) How about an app called iSyncNotes. You write it--I'll buy it. :-)
BTW, PhoneView has a nice demo you can try before you buy.