PDA

View Full Version : Applecare for 2 month old Macbook?

wheezy84
Feb 28, 2008, 10:11 AM
Hi,

I bought a macbook 2 months ago. How long do i have to purchase Applecare before I cant? Thanks

scienide09
Feb 28, 2008, 10:22 AM
You can get AppleCare within one year from your purchase/activation of the free one year warranty.
If you plan to get it anyway, probably best to do so now. That way you don't forget.

SFStateStudent
Feb 28, 2008, 10:24 AM
until "two days" before your one year warranty expires. It should state the expiration date of your warranty on your receipt. "Warranty effective through Aug. 21, 2008" and I bought my MB on August 23, 2007. Hope this helps. :cool:

Bobioden
Feb 28, 2008, 10:50 AM
The thing to remember is Phone Support stops at 90 days, unless you get the Applecare.

LeeTom
Feb 28, 2008, 10:53 AM
until "two days" before your one year warranty expires. It should state the expiration date of your warranty on your receipt. "Warranty effective through Aug. 21, 2008" and I bought my MB on August 23, 2007. Hope this helps. :cool:

It's actually one full year. Looks like you need more math & logic at SF State! Think about it - the exact date one year later would be one full year plus one day - 366 days. Therefore, the day before that date would represent one full year.
All is good, except this year is a leap year, bringing that one day shorter of usual.

SFStateStudent
Feb 28, 2008, 11:06 AM
It's actually one full year. Looks like you need more math & logic at SF State! Think about it - the exact date one year later would be one full year plus one day - 366 days. Therefore, the day before that date would represent one full year.
All is good, except this year is a leap year, bringing that one day shorter of usual.

that was emailed to me by the Apple Store on the day of purchase. And the last thing I need is another "stinkin'" Stats or Logic class!!! (Stats I & II kicked my butt at UC Berkeley in the '90's) LMAO :D