PDA

View Full Version : Huzzah for AppleCare!!

ColoJohnBoy
Oct 28, 2003, 06:41 PM
I know people have been having serious problems with AppleCare lately, all sorts of bad experiences. I have to point that I just had a great experience with them.

On my PowerBook's power adapter, right up by the part that plugs into the laptop, the plastic had separted from the plug and the wire was frayed. It didn't charge, and it got extremely hot. I went into the Cherry Creek store here, pulled out the adapter; Scott, the genius working right then, took one look at it, walked out, got a new off the shelf and handed it to me, got the serial off my computer, and thanked me for coming in. 90 seconds at the most. No hassle, no questions, no charges. Simple as that.

:D:D:D:D:D

Here's to you, AppleCare!

tek
Oct 28, 2003, 06:47 PM
I envy you with apple stores in your country :(

5300cs
Oct 28, 2003, 08:13 PM
Huzzah!!

There's a word I'd like to use more often...

yellow
Oct 28, 2003, 08:22 PM
Personally, I require AppleCare to be purchased for all machines under my care. I don't care if people complain about the extra money. It's just worth it if you have problems down the road. If not? Boohoo, $250-$400 lost over 3 years. If you can't afford that, you shouldn't buy a computer. Or, buy a PC.

5300cs
Oct 28, 2003, 08:28 PM
Does AppleCare cover the display?

One thing I like about Japan, is that a lot of times the insurance I get covers accidental dropping of my computer. The insurance I got on my VAIO (damned thing) is great; if I drop it and it smashes into 10000000000000000 pieces, Sony will send me a new one- anytime within the next 5 years.
The insurance on my iPod (from the store, not Apple) is the same. If I drop it down a flight of stairs and it explodes, there'll be a new one waiting for me.
When I bought my iBook in Boston this summer, the insurance policy didn't look too inviting for me. All this fine print, and all these things it didn't cover.

Schiffi
Oct 28, 2003, 09:32 PM
AppleCare is just a warranty, not insurance. It's optimal to have both a warranty and insurance. AppleCare will not cover damage if you carelessly dropped your iBook down a flight of stairs, but most insurance companies won't pay to have your machine repaired if the logic board fails. Insurances and warranties complement one another.