Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
Apple is emailing some of its customers with a special 6th Anniversary Promotion celebrating the 6th year of their online Apple Store.

Thanks to your continuing support, we're celebrating our sixth anniversary at the worldwide Apple Store. You've helped us grow into the premier online destination for Apple products, and the digital lifestyle accessories and software that make them even more useful and fun. Because you're one of our loyal customers, we're offering you this special discount of $XX off your order of $XXX or more when you shop online at the Apple Store by December 15, 2003.

Discounts have not been consistent with one report of $25 off purchases above $250, and another $100 off purchases above $999. Customers are being emailed specific Claim Codes, so this offer is not available for the general public.

It's unknown which customers are being offered discounts.

apple6.gif

macboygrey

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2003
California
Damn! I just missed making the first post >_<...

I ordered my G5 through the Apple Store... This baby wasn't cheap. (That's right... it was decked out...)

I haven't received anything yet. I want a discount on... something. :shrugs:

MacManDan

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2003
I got the one about $100 off an order of $999 or more. I don't know if I'd use it though .. I'm just a poor college student after all. My friend down the hall received the $25 off of $249 or more, and we don't really understand the discrepancy.. Any clues?

Foxer

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2003
Washington, DC
I got a $100 off of $999 this evening. Excellent....

I also got a $25 off of $250 a coupe weeks ago for shopping at ITMS, which I thought was weird since I've only speant about $10 there ever.

I hope i can combine them (and my .mac renewal). Almsot $150 off in total. 15-inch PB, come to papa.

FYI. The text portion reads, "Thanks to your continuing support, we’re celebrating our sixth anniversary at the worldwide Apple Store. You’ve helped us grow into the premier online destination for Apple products, and the digital lifestyle accessories and software that make them even more useful and fun. And because you’re one of our best customers, we’re offering you this special discount of $100 off your order of $999 or more when you shop online at the Apple Store by December 15, 2003.

So pay us a visit and browse among what we believe is the best collection of innovative digital products available anywhere. We’re proud to be leading the way into our increasingly digital future, but it’s customers like you who make it all possible. Please accept this gift as a token of our thanks and appreciation. "

G5orbust

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2002
Ive bought 2 computers from the real life Apple store. I wonder if Ill get anything...

MacManDan

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2003
Re: Full text please

Originally posted by Toppa G's
Eh...never mind. Curious about this offer though. Wonder what their basis for recipients is.

Edit: Hmm .. originally he wanted the full text.

I've bought the following from the Apple store in the past year: 15 gig 3rd gen iPod, some accessories for it, QT Pro, and Panther. I haven't purchased a new Mac or anything. I don't think I've come close to $1,000 in purchases.

"Thanks to your continuing support, we’re celebrating our sixth anniversary at the worldwide Apple Store. You’ve helped us grow into the premier online destination for Apple products, and the digital lifestyle accessories and software that make them even more useful and fun. And because you’re one of our best customers, we’re offering you this special discount of $100 off your order of $999 or more when you shop online at the Apple Store by December 15, 2003.

So pay us a visit and browse among what we believe is the best collection of innovative digital products available anywhere. We’re proud to be leading the way into our increasingly digital future, but it’s customers like you who make it all possible. Please accept this gift as a token of our thanks and appreciation."

Attachments

• coupon100b.jpg
    coupon100b.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 3,866

Toppa G's

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2003
The exurbs, MN
Oops

I edited after I saw that what I figured was the full text was at the beginning of the thread. Thanks for the full text and image though :) Waiting for mine ;)

billyb

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2003
i want the other one

I've bought an iPod from the site, but nothing bigger. I got the $25 off coupon. maybe they give the smaller one to people who've bought less than a computer? a guess, when more people post i'm sure we'll figure out if there's a pattern.

but i'm in the market for a new powerbook right now, and $100 would actually be a big deciding factor in the purchase! anyone have a code i can use for $100? Or does it work that way? would it even let me use someone else's code?

bb

edit: i just read the terms and they're not transferable. darn.

mkjellman

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2003
I have ordered three computers from the Apple store, .Mac, two iPods, many games, bose headphones, three xServes, Jaguar, I got panther from ADC, QuickTime Pro 4 and 6, two cinema displays, and finaly two new sets of iPod headphones and dock cords (dumb dog!). I think I would have gotten something but....NO???? I can't understand how they are deciding who should get it and who does not get one.

ITR 81

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
I hope I get something I bought a 40GB iPod from them, a floppy drive, a FM tuner, Panther OS, Learning language software, Studio MX, and Mac Office.

alia

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2003
Tampa, FL (Orlando, 2003 - 2023)
I've never purchased anything from the Apple store online, although I have received those kinds of coupons from them before. The best one I ever got was after I registered my iPod. I got a coupon for $100 off a purchase of $250. The most recent was $25 off of $249 or more, but I didn't use it because I purchased my powerbook at the store.

I haven't received this most recent coupon yet though. :)

Alia

wilco

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2003
"I heard my old girlfriend has turned to the chruch. She's trying to replace me, but it'll never work."

"Can't you see, a giant walks among you looking through your petty lives?'

Great Pulp references! But it's actually "I heard an old girlfriend", not "my old girlfriend." And, "church" is misspelled.

BTW, I just received a $20 off coupon for renewing my .Mac account.

MacManDan

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2003
Re: How about Edu customers?

Originally posted by Toppa G's
Anyone get them who are education customers?

Yes. I only buy off Apple's online store if I can get a good education discount, and I received the $100 off of $999+ purchase coupon (see my post above).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.