PDA

View Full Version : iBook HD fail, need help recovering please

DoFoT9
Mar 1, 2008, 08:34 PM
hey guys,

last night my dad's ibook HD failed! i have tried a numerous amount of ways to try and recover it.

1: disk warrior isnt able to fix the problem
2: leopard install disk and target disk mode to my mbp both cannot fix the HD in disk utility (says its unable to fix the error "invalid content in journal")

i can get the drive attached to my mbp, but the image wont mount...(see attached picture).

i have been reading up and trying to use the "dd" command, but because the HD won't mount, i really cant do anything...
"dd bs=512 if=dev/"noideaoflocationofdisk" of=/Volumes/Lacie conv=noerror,sync"

so my question: is there any way to copy the HD when it cannot mount with the "dd" command?

... or are there any other ways to connect it and try to recover data?

thanks for your time

cherry su
Mar 1, 2008, 09:08 PM
Send it to a professional drive recovery service and have them recover the data. Be prepared to sacrifice your wallet though

DoFoT9
Mar 1, 2008, 09:09 PM
Send it to a professional drive recovery service and have them recover the data. Be prepared to sacrifice your wallet though

yup good thinking, actually im going up to the apple store 2morrow to pick up my gf's new mbp :) (couldnt get it on friday because of monetary issues).

so i might take it up there and they can send away the HD to their special place and try to recover all the data.

no need to worry about money, its daad's lappy :p

DoFoT9
Mar 2, 2008, 01:16 AM
any ideas any1??