Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

option

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2002
My stock 993 G4 doesn't recognize my DV Camera nor my iPod through firewire. I tried both iMovie and Final Cut Pro. The iPod only charges when it connects to my computer, iTunes doesnt display it. Both these devices worked fine yesterday.

Please help, this is urgent

GeeYouEye

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2001
State of Denial
same thing happened to me once, with my imac DV+. Some things to check: 1. Is classic on? Turn it off or on, depending. 2. Try it in OS 9. If you have 9.2.2, try downgrading to 9.2.1 (that fixed it for me). 3. Use the hardware diagnostic CD that came with the machine. 4. Reinstall X (a pain, so do it as a last resort only). 5. Where's your nearest Apple repair center?:)

jaykk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2002
CA
Strange, it happend to my powerbook last week

I just got my TiBook 550Mhz last week after repair from Apple. Same problem, iPod gets power, but doesn't recogonize as a external hard drive. I tried with another external hard drive also. I took it to the genius bar at Tice's Corner Apple Store, and the guy tried with different firewire devices. no luck..finally they send it out and got it back after the repiar. I had no clue either why the firewire device failed.

option

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2002

Well I got everything working by letting the computer sit with no power for 5 minutes and then re-plugging in the firewire cables. whew. thanks for your posts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.