PDA

View Full Version : Macbook vs. iBook Speakers

ipartridgea
Mar 7, 2008, 10:34 AM
Hello,
I am currently in the market to upgrade my current iBook g4 14" for a new black macbook.... my ? is this... is there a difference between the quality of speakers in the macbook vs. the ones in the iBook?? also where are the speakers even located in the macbook???

Thank You

CrackedButter
Mar 7, 2008, 12:26 PM
The speakers are located on the back of the laptop alongside the grill.

The quality is just as lame as on the iBook.

Prost264
Mar 7, 2008, 12:33 PM
I honestly don't know about the iBook, but the MacBook speakers are much better than those on most other laptops I've come across.

El Phantasmo
Mar 7, 2008, 06:10 PM
i had a 12" ibook and now have the new black macbook and i think the macbook sounds much better than the ibook, however both of them have low quality speakers, if you want to get good sound out of a laptop you should use headphones or external speakers...

NC MacGuy
Mar 7, 2008, 06:13 PM
i had a 12" ibook and now have the new black macbook and i think the macbook sounds much better than the ibook, however both of them have low quality speakers, if you want to get good sound out of a laptop you should use headphones or external speakers...

You got that right, lame and lamer. They are there but not loud nor have great fidelity. Externals or headphones only way to go.

pastrychef
Mar 7, 2008, 06:54 PM
In my opinion, the MacBook's speakers are much louder than my old iBooks. I was never able to hear anything on that old iBook. At least, now, it's audible.

MacGeekDC
Mar 8, 2008, 01:20 AM
The sound is much better and even if the sound wasnt the musch better its much the swich