PDA

View Full Version : Now or Later?




ryan.stewie
Mar 7, 2008, 07:51 PM
I'm going to buy a Macbook this year (My first apple computer:D) and I dont know wether to buy one know or wait until the next big refresh. I know that there will be new processors, will the Macbook get multi-touch?, LED screens? should i buy now or wait until june (I can wait all this year). Also should I get a high end white macbook or a blackbook?



connoisseur
Mar 7, 2008, 08:43 PM
I'm going to buy a Macbook this year (My first apple computer:D) and I dont know wether to buy one know or wait until the next big refresh. I know that there will be new processors, will the Macbook get multi-touch?, LED screens? should i buy now or wait until june (I can wait all this year). Also should I get a high end white macbook or a blackbook?

buy now new macbook upgrades was last week
their will always be new upgrades on any electronic products so why wait.

Shackler
Mar 7, 2008, 09:02 PM
if u cant wait the whole then wait until after Macworld '09 which is the beginning of Jan. next year. if u cant wait that long then by fall updates should come

ryan.stewie
Mar 7, 2008, 09:19 PM
buy now new macbook upgrades was last week
their will always be new upgrades on any electronic products so why wait.

Fair enough, i'll probably get one in July (b'day and so-on) but what one do you recommend a High-End White or a Black because if heard of problems on the black ones.

aethelbert
Mar 7, 2008, 09:22 PM
Fair enough, i'll probably get one in July (b'day and so-on) but what one do you recommend a High-End White or a Black because if heard of problems on the black ones.
You're safe to buy the current revision, they're really well-speced. I would reccomend getting the white one because it's cheaper. Personally, I find paying extra for a color is just stupid, but some people find a different color to be $100 (or whatever the difference is now-250GB upgrade) well spent. I guess it's a personal choice. But if you get white, you can get a case, keyboard, mouse, ram, and/or something else to go with your new computer.

HaGG
Mar 7, 2008, 09:24 PM
I think you should buy now, there's a chance that it might have a multi-touch trackpad, but it's spec is going to stay similar to what it is now. Is it worth waiting 6 months or more for pinching and rotating?

MacGeekDC
Mar 8, 2008, 01:33 AM
buy now new macbook upgrades was last week
their will always be new upgrades on any electronic products so why wait.

agreed buy now i did(from the 2.2)

Sage Harupyuia
Mar 8, 2008, 06:48 AM
General rule of thumb is:

if you need it, you wont wait for it cause you will be buying it first chance you get.

If you can wait, it probably shows that you dont need it at all. ;)

ryan.stewie
Mar 8, 2008, 04:38 PM
thanks, i've decided to get one as soon as possibe. :D:D(so excited!:D)