PDA

View Full Version : is time moving fast, slow, or normal for you?

shecky
Mar 11, 2008, 11:43 PM
i always go through a roller coaster in my life where sometimes it feels like the days are dragging by and each day takes a week. other times it feels like each day is only a couple of hours long and before i know it, another week has passed.

at the moment i am so busy i find it hard to believe how quickly the days are flying by. its like there is not enough time to get everything done. its a good thing that im so busy but at the same time i wanna break :)

you?

basesloaded190
Mar 11, 2008, 11:48 PM
i always go through a roller coaster in my life where sometimes it feels like the days are dragging by and each day takes a week. other times it feels like each day is only a couple of hours long and before i know it, another week has passed.

at the moment i am so busy i find it hard to believe how quickly the days are flying by. its like there is not enough time to get everything done. its a good thing that im so busy but at the same time i wanna break :)

you?

right now its super fast. its hard for me to think that i really only have about a month and a half left, then i have finished a year of college already...seems like it just started!

lostfan916
Mar 12, 2008, 12:35 AM
It's hard to say... it's slow and fast.

Right now, it feels slow... I have a lot to look forward to (spring break, panic's new album..) and it's taking looong. Graduation seems so far away... is it June yet?

But then I look back, and it's like damn... only 70 days left?!?! Wow.....

And then my day in general is slow and fast. While I'm at school it's slow... then I come home, pop open the Macbook and it's suddenly midnight and I've done no homework :D Senioritis is a bitch.

Mr.Noisy
Mar 12, 2008, 02:27 AM
Life seems to go by faster and faster, there just doesn' seem to be enough hour's in the day,i remember back in the day (blows dust off memories :p ) when i was a kid, we had the 6 weeks summer holidays from school, it lasted forever, but nowadays, that kinda period of time fly's by, especially when sat at my Mac. Occasionally on a sunday when i'm spending family time taking the kids out or we take a walk in the park then that day seems long but generally whoosh time goes past way too fast :( i guess it's our modern lifestyles compared to how it used to be............

PlaceofDis
Mar 12, 2008, 02:29 AM
right now things are in a weird funk for me. some days fly others drag. and there is no seemingly rhyme or reason for it either. i just go with it. today has dragged while yesterday was an eyeblink.

FadeToBlack
Mar 12, 2008, 02:39 AM
Since it's Winter and all, time has been dragging by really slow for me. Winter is a pretty depressing time, IMO. We have had A LOT of really dreary and snowy/rainy days this year and it sucks. The weather severely affects my mood and when it's all crappy like it has been, the time drags by.

In general, though, time seems to be FLYING by. I can't believe I'm 24. It's really weird. My Senior year of High School doesn't seem like it's been almost 6 years ago.

Time is a funny thing. :confused:

OnlyMarcusCannn
Mar 12, 2008, 04:28 AM
It's my senior year in high school, and it's CRAZY how fast these past four years have gone by. When I was younger I always thought I'd never see it to be a senior in high school for some reason. In fact, just a few days ago, I was on YouTube just watching some old music videos from the early '00s. It was quite depressing, actually. It seems like yesterday I was singing "I'm blue da ba dee daba diee", and now I'm getting ready to go to college. :o

bov
Mar 12, 2008, 04:37 AM
yep yep.......... my first year of college is almost over already. pretty amazing how fast it went.

Martin C
Mar 12, 2008, 05:32 AM
I would say that this week is moving pretty normal. I just hope these next three days fly by so I can get some two weeks of spring break goodness.

alFR
Mar 12, 2008, 06:26 AM
I'd say that special relativity makes this poll pointless, since time and space are perceived differently by observers in different states of motion. ;)

Sesshi
Mar 12, 2008, 06:34 AM
I'd say that special relativity makes this poll pointless, since time and space are perceived differently by observers in different states of motion. ;)

No, becuase he asked about relative opinions.

For me it's pretty static. I've always thought time goes by too quickly.

alFR
Mar 12, 2008, 06:40 AM
No, becuase he asked about relative opinions.

But if everyone's opinion is bound to be different because everyone perceives time differently, what's the point of asking? :)

Sesshi
Mar 12, 2008, 06:41 AM
If there is no point in asking, then there is no point in this forum existing since it is based around the discussion of subjective relativity. (or is that relative subjectivity? :confused:)

Roger1
Mar 12, 2008, 08:19 AM
It's currently moving slow for me. This spring forward stuff really messes with my internal clock.

Apemanblues
Mar 12, 2008, 08:24 AM
It gets faster as I get older.

Abstract
Mar 12, 2008, 09:12 AM
^^^Agreed.

The only people who would pick the 1st option are young people. I'm 27, and I really notice how quickly things change. I've lived outside my country now for 4 years, and it feels like 2 years.

nikopolidis
Mar 12, 2008, 09:19 AM
Unfortunately, the days go by fast for me... And I think they go faster and faster year by year... Maybe as you getting older you become more busy. And while you are getting more busy time moves faster...
I think we should work for being more happy every day and make our lives more interesting and joyful. It will cover the speed of the days going by.. ;)

ken22000
Jun 4, 2009, 09:47 AM
Time sometimes flies and sometimes moves second to second.

Now second to second

arkitect
Jun 4, 2009, 09:49 AM
Time sometimes flies and sometimes moves second to second.

Now second to second

Wow. Deep.

;)

themoonisdown09
Jun 4, 2009, 09:52 AM
It seems like ever since I got married, time has flown by. I don't know where the last 4 years of my life have gone.

Right now, time is going by slow because I am looking forward to WWDC. But after that, time will start flying by again.

anjinha
Jun 4, 2009, 10:07 AM
Right now it's extremely slow.

Dagless
Jun 4, 2009, 10:08 AM
Pretty much normal here. But that's probably because nothings really going on right now. I'm waiting on a few potential business things to kick up, but until then I'm just sitting back and enjoying the ride.

Alexwithad
Jun 4, 2009, 10:22 AM
I honestly think time is flying, my high school graduation is in a few hours.

BornAgainMac
Jun 4, 2009, 10:42 AM
You can also adjust it in real time. Thinking about the waiting for the new iPhones? Then time will slow down. Have a full weekend to play WOW? Then time speeds up.

ucfgrad93
Jun 4, 2009, 11:06 AM
They go by pretty fast for me. I can't believe it is already June.

maflynn
Jun 4, 2009, 11:06 AM
I remember as a kid, my grandmother telling me the older I get the quicker time appears to pass by.

In grade school the day would last forever. Now that I'm in my 40s the day just flies by. I don't get the logic behind that but I think there's some truth, the older I get the faster time goes.

Drumjim85
Jun 4, 2009, 11:09 AM
Seeing as I'm sitting here, and not moving near the speed of light, time is moving normally for me.

zioxide
Jun 4, 2009, 11:20 AM
Too slow right now.. my summer has been a blast but I still hate being at home. I just want August 30th to come so I can move back to school.

The last month and a half of school after spring break went by so fast... (maybe cause i was drunk like 60% of the time LOL)

leekohler
Jun 4, 2009, 11:21 AM
I remember as a kid, my grandmother telling me the older I get the quicker time appears to pass by.

In grade school the day would last forever. Now that I'm in my 40s the day just flies by. I don't get the logic behind that but I think there's some truth, the older I get the faster time goes.

Yep- same for me. Time passes very quickly now.

thunderweb
Jun 4, 2009, 11:21 AM
Fast unfortunately :(

steve2112
Jun 4, 2009, 01:54 PM
A wise man once said "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." How true.

twoodcc
Jun 4, 2009, 02:15 PM
very fast. hopefully they'll slow down at some point in my life though

cdcastillo
Jun 4, 2009, 02:37 PM
... and since I'm not traveling anywhere close to light speed, I'd have to say normal.
:p

EDIT: Damn!, gotta remember to check if no one else has already had the "great" idea of joking at Einstein's expenses....

Tilpots
Jun 4, 2009, 02:49 PM
At home = FAST!!!

At work = SSSSLLLLOOOOWWWW:(

northy124
Jun 4, 2009, 02:49 PM
Since going to college it is going very fast, next week is the end of my course, I can't believe it is over already. God knows it will be slow when I start work ;)

wywern209
Jun 4, 2009, 03:58 PM
time is moving so slow for me... i am hoping that these years would fly by... so i can get to creating that game studios i've always wanted to create.. but noo. i have to learn about how history works... it is just about 8 days from summer vacation and time is moving extremely slow.

InvalidUserID
Jun 4, 2009, 04:51 PM
Since graduating HS, everything has been in super fast forward.

Graduated HS -> Turned 18 -> Earned B.S -> Turned 21 -> Earned M.S

All in what has felt like a blink of an eye...HS prom still feels like yesterday.

Next thing I know, my little cousins are graduating high school, babies I've known since birth are now in middle school and I'm only a few years from an age I thought was old when I was a teenager...30.

Blah.

LumbermanSVO
Jun 4, 2009, 05:04 PM
I don't think it has ever moved faster for me than now. It is very hard to believe that 19 months ago I hit the big road.

A year ago tomorrow that I was fired (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=5537236&postcount=90), 17th Marks the day I was re-hired. It seems like just a few months. Two more of these super fast years and this truck is mine :)

OutThere
Jun 4, 2009, 07:03 PM
It's hard to believe I'm going to be a senior in college in just 3 months. HOLY ******. 3 months. :eek:

ziggyonice
Jun 4, 2009, 07:05 PM
Much, much too fast. Pretty much after high school, time just flies by. College and friends long gone...

Mr. lax
Jun 4, 2009, 07:14 PM
It's hard to say... it's slow and fast.

Right now, it feels slow... I have a lot to look forward to (spring break, panic's new album..) and it's taking looong. Graduation seems so far away... is it June yet?

But then I look back, and it's like damn... only 70 days left?!?! Wow.....

And then my day in general is slow and fast. While I'm at school it's slow... then I come home, pop open the Macbook and it's suddenly midnight and I've done no homework :D Senioritis is a bitch.

Pretty much my sentiments exactly... But its only 5 more days

noodle654
Jun 4, 2009, 07:18 PM
If this makes sense:

-My days are hell, I feel like they never end.
-The year fly's by, I can't believe that I just finished my junior year of high school.
-The months are normal, not too fast or slow

MacsBestFriend
Jun 4, 2009, 07:28 PM
i dunno but everything has been faster lately. it nis screwing up my school work, thinking due dates are days away. i also forgot to send in my work application because i thought it was due weeks ahead and then i realized i only have 12 days before i graduate (middle school) left...

magamo
Jun 4, 2009, 08:11 PM
I remember summer breaks were like for ever when I was a grade schooler... Why do I feel time passes by faster as I get older?

MacVixen
Jun 4, 2009, 08:27 PM
Absolutely flies by for me.
I work full time, have a husband, 2 kids aged 3 1/2 & 17 months - there are NOT enough hours in the day for me.

Time only moved slow for me when I was an unemployed full time student - and that's been more years than I care to admit :o

Little HZ
Jun 4, 2009, 08:29 PM
Fast. WAY too fast. Though it sure like WWDC is sloooooooow in coming! :rolleyes:

Melrose
Jun 4, 2009, 08:36 PM
Time goes by too fast for comfort; yesterday, I was 7 and got my first pocketknife. Seems to go faster the older I'm getting - and hate to think what it'll be like when I'm 40.

The sad thing is that time goes by so fast for me, and yet the memories fade so quickly.

dmmcintyre3
Jun 4, 2009, 10:08 PM
I remember summer breaks were like for ever when I was a grade schooler... Why do I feel time passes by faster as I get older?

Years are like the the time after christmas break to summer now.

dmr727
Jun 4, 2009, 10:09 PM
Too friggin' fast.

MegaMillions
Jun 4, 2009, 11:12 PM
Life seems to go by faster and faster, there just doesn' seem to be enough hour's in the day,i remember back in the day (blows dust off memories :p ) when i was a kid, we had the 6 weeks summer holidays from school, it lasted forever, but nowadays, that kinda period of time fly's by, especially when sat at my Mac. Occasionally on a sunday when i'm spending family time taking the kids out or we take a walk in the park then that day seems long but generally whoosh time goes past way too fast :( i guess it's our modern lifestyles compared to how it used to be............

Yeah. It's really sad. I remember being a kid and playing outdoors all the time. You step out of the house on a sunny afternoon, and just play outside, and the day is long, and fun. You come in, have a glass of lemonade, play with legos inside or something, and then just chill until dinner is ready.. .ahh okay enough. I'm making myself too nostalgic.

basaltfd
Jun 5, 2009, 12:34 AM
time is so slow back in vancouver,B.C. and hot out as well:eek:

toolbox
Jun 5, 2009, 06:42 AM
Oh it is too fast for me! i get up at 6 and by the time i have made my toast and cup of tea it's nearly 6:15am. At work i get there at 8, then all of a sudden it's lunch time then home time.

doubleohseven
Jun 8, 2009, 07:15 PM
It really depends, but mostly I notice that time flies fast for me. Typically, boring school days/boring days in general run slow, but when the week is over, I am amazed by how fast it went.

Prof.
Jun 8, 2009, 10:07 PM
Last time I checked, it was January 1, 2009. Now it's June 8. Half the year is already gone. Before ya know it, it will be 2010. :eek::eek::eek:

dukebound85
Jun 8, 2009, 10:09 PM
fast and slow

every day, the work day draggggggggggggs
this year is sooo slow

however, im already 24 wtf have i been doing with my life???? so in that aspect thats fast

sikkinixx
Jun 8, 2009, 10:41 PM
too fast. I have an honours thesis due in August and I have barely started. Where the hell did the last 2 months go?!?!?!?!?!?!??!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

dmmcintyre3
Jun 8, 2009, 10:47 PM
the time during wwdc went fast. watching the live feed seemed like 30 min and watching the keynote at the end was like 45.

Time goes 3-4x faster if I am on my Mac.

steve2112
Jun 9, 2009, 08:15 AM
fast and slow

every day, the work day draggggggggggggs
this year is sooo slow

however, im already 24 wtf have i been doing with my life???? so in that aspect thats fast

Wait until you are almost 40 and asking yourself that same question! :confused:

conch575
Jun 10, 2009, 03:45 AM
Fast lately!! It seems that this term at school just started, even though we're 7 weeks in! I can't wait for school holidays though.. Well, at least I can't wait 2 weeks, buy an iPhone :D