PDA

View Full Version : Any body order from Jr.com or Amazon.com?

PhiLnNO
Mar 13, 2008, 12:28 AM
I was thinking of buying a Mac Pro from one these stores. Save alot of money with out the tax. Anybody have any experience with theme?

dcl
Mar 13, 2008, 12:56 AM
Amazon is very dependable - Have ordered numerous items from both Amazon & Jr.com

Ordered last Macbook from Amazon - Fast to ship it, No problems/ marks / scratches / or dead pixals, and the rebate was paid as promised.

Hoo03
Mar 13, 2008, 06:50 AM
I've ordered from both and they're both very reliable. My macbook pro was from amazon and just like dcl, mine was in a pristine condition.

As for J&R, I just ordered my iPhone case yesterday, and I just got an e-mail notification that they've already shipped my item and it will be delivered tomorrow via ups grounds. Now that's a fast service.

pastrychef
Mar 13, 2008, 10:07 AM
My experiences with Amazon have been great. When I ordered my Mac Pro form them, I chose free shipping and it still got to me in two days. Plus, their priced ended up being the best with rebate and no tax.

jeremy.king
Mar 13, 2008, 10:35 AM
You can't go wrong with either site. I am an Amazon Prime (http://www.amazon.com/gp/subs/primeclub/signup/main.html) member, which is so worth it if you order often.

bill hilly
Mar 13, 2008, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the kind words about JR.com. I work here and we're proud of our site. By the way, we also have a merchant store on Amazon.

kuebby
Mar 13, 2008, 02:19 PM
J&R is great, they're a real store here in NYC. I've ordered from them a couple times and I've always been very pleased with shipping speed and price.

thagomizer
Mar 13, 2008, 02:49 PM
I've ordered from both, never had any problems.

Amazon is great with returns, I recently had to return a video card and there was no hassle, they even paid the reverse shipping.

PhiLnNO
Mar 13, 2008, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the peace of mind. I'll go with who ever is cheapest after shipping.

Is the apple service plan worth the extra $250?