PDA

View Full Version : question on ipod touch

golf pro
Mar 13, 2008, 03:23 PM
now because the ipod touch is a touch screen i would think they would make the screen pretty hard to scratch, is it. i know im going to get a case but depends on how urgent and whats the best kind to buy?

Ubuntu
Mar 13, 2008, 03:26 PM
now because the ipod touch is a touch screen i would think they would make the screen pretty hard to scratch, is it. i know im going to get a case but depends on how urgent and whats the best kind to buy?

I'll tell you that the iPod touch screen is great, scratch-wise. It smudges like hell, but I never got a single scratch on the front, only on the back. And that's on both of my iPod touches.

No idea what case is good. Could check out the iSkins?

golf pro
Mar 13, 2008, 03:55 PM
ok thx! but how do u treat it, i usally just wind up the headphones around the ipod, and it scrates the hell out of my ipod video but i dont care cause its broken but do u think it would scratch the itouch?

Ubuntu
Mar 13, 2008, 03:57 PM
ok thx! but how do u treat it, i usally just wind up the headphones around the ipod, and it scrates the hell out of my ipod video but i dont care cause its broken but do u think it would scratch the itouch?

Shouldn't do. For my first iPod, I had it for about 3 months, and I wound the headphones all the time. The back got scratched up, but that was inevitable.

I mean, if you really are worried about the back, get a case. But otherwise you'll be fine. My iPod video used to get scratches on the screen, but I've not seen a single one on the touch yet. I guess what matters to me is the screen, nothing else. That's what you're watching, right? It's a shame that Apple put the chrome back on the iPod... it's pretty, until it gets scratched up.

All the best.

golf pro
Mar 13, 2008, 04:02 PM
yes that is all i care about is the screen i dont realy care but the back(at least till ive had it for about a mouth cause im crazy about scratches on new things)but thats cool cause that save me 20 bucks on a new case:):):)