PDA

View Full Version : Help with speaker shopping

DanoftheDead
Mar 13, 2008, 06:23 PM
So Im about to set my mbp up with a 23" ACD and am gonna get some speakers to complete my quasi desktop solution. I am looking to get something with really good sound quality. Now I have heard the Bose companion 5's and they do sound pretty good but 500 bucks for computer speakers is well something I wont drop down. So what do you guys think are best quality for the price? Also I dont want a surround setup, just a 2.1 setup at the most.

DanoftheDead
Mar 13, 2008, 09:05 PM
thanks for the help....:mad:
110 people viewing peripherals....

glide
Mar 13, 2008, 09:37 PM
Depends on what your needs / expectations are; but for a set of computer speakers the HK Soundsticks II should fit the bill...

alphaod
Mar 13, 2008, 09:51 PM
Right now Logitech Z5500 are a steal and they are superb speakers. Only issue is you will need to find room for the subwoofer which is VERY big.

Victor ch
Mar 13, 2008, 10:07 PM
Bose Companion 3's are worth the hassle, for 250$ you get a very nice sound. I have them and what I like the most is the frikkin' simplicity; 2 tiny (magnetically shielded) speakers plus a relatively large subwoofer and a very ingenious Control Pod. The sound is not awesome (wannabe audiophile here) but for most ears they're awesome. Bassy, loud and small.

Victor